The Ex-Villa Player thread - Keeping tabs on old Villans

Moneill

Fair play to Walker, he has really improved as a defender year on year and I can see why Guardiola wants him so much.

He was also probably one of our best loanees, in the short space of time with us he was brilliant and felt more of a permanent fixture in the way he took to the club than most our contracted players in the past 5 years. 

• Like 2

Our former keeper Thomas Sörensen has retired at the age of 41. Played almost 140 games for us.

His last club was Mebourne City, apparently.

Enjoy your pilsner and pölse!

On ‎13‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 18:29, VillaAlex said:

Fair play to Walker, he has really improved as a defender year on year and I can see why Guardiola wants him so much.

He was also probably one of our best loanees, in the short space of time with us he was brilliant and felt more of a permanent fixture in the way he took to the club than most our contracted players in the past 5 years. 

Yes that's why I nothing but good wishes for him.  Energy, pace and he does put over some good crosses. I think there will be a lot defences worried about Walker and Mendy next season. 

3 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Yes that's why I nothing but good wishes for him.  Energy, pace and he does put over some good crosses. I think there will be a lot defences worried about Walker and Mendy next season. 

One will definitely be Man City defence ;)

14 minutes ago, Zatman said:

One will definitely be Man City defence ;)

Yes I agree but since when has Pep bothered about defending. When they conceded 6 goals in two legs against Monaco he blamed the strikers. Hence he buys two out an out attacking full backs

Watched A.B- Nordsjaelland yesterday (yes my life is that exciting!) Was a decent game and Okore was playing for A.B.

He was terrible. Sad to see as I do think he had great potential when he signed but the injury he got totally knackered him as a potential top level defender. He still struggles to get into a run even in the Danish league.

No surprise here, but Ethan Moore scored 20 minutes ago. Gloucester City are beating Slimbridge 1-0, those lucky owners of a once in a generation player. :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

No surprise here, but Ethan Moore scored 20 minutes ago. Gloucester City are beating Slimbridge 1-0, those lucky owners of a once in a generation player. :P

Check out his Linked In page, it's a treat.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Check out his Linked In page, it's a treat.

Just looked, I feel sorry for him, more than I want to laugh. I wonder how much players earn in the Vanarama League, or whatever league he's in now.

1 minute ago, Rob182 said:

Just looked, I feel sorry for him, more than I want to laugh. I wonder how much players earn in the Vanarama League, or whatever league he's in now.

Top earners £1k, average about £500-£600.

I actually feel sorry for him and anyone else making that drop, it must be so hard to take.

It did though make me wonder two things. First did Sir_Gary write it for him and second, why he needs a Linked In page.

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

Top earners £1k, average about £500-£600.

I actually feel sorry for him and anyone else making that drop, it must be so hard to take.

It did though make me wonder two things. First did Sir_Gary write it for him and second, why he needs a Linked In page.

sure he isnt only famous footballer these days on Linkedin :)

talian World Cup winner Cristian Zaccardo says he has received over a thousand offers after he sought a new job on LinkedIn.

The 35-year-old has just terminated his contract with Italian Serie B side Vicenza and decided to use the career networking platform to find a new club.

"I cancelled the contract that tied me to Vicenza until June 2018," Zaccardo wrote ahead of a list of his achievements. "I'm currently a free soccer player. I'm still good physically. I could play two more years at high levels. Who will take me to make a deal? Serious professional soccer player and strong!!!"

Zaccardo, who won the World Cup with Italy in 2006 and was also crowned Bundesliga champion with Wolfsburg in 2009, has been ridiculed for the post, but he insists it has been a success.

"I've received over a thousand [replies] -- I expected fewer," he told Gazzetta dello Sport. "They came from Greece, Portugal, the Spanish second division, from Brazil, Argentina and all the way to Australia, plus there were a few joke ones from amateur clubs where they promise me they'll give me plenty to drink after each win.

"It was just a nice provocation, but I was telling the truth -- I really have terminated my contract with Vicenza. I am fit and I am ready for a new club. I made this announcement above all for the foreign market because everybody already knows me in Italy.

"I would even play for free, with bonuses, depending on the individual and team objectives. I have played 381 times in Serie A and I want to make it to 400."

Zaccardo made 25 appearances for Vicenza in Serie B last season, having spent the previous season with Carpi in Serie A, playing 27 times. In the previous two-and-a-half seasons, he played just 15 times for AC Milan.

http://www.espnfc.com/story/3160437/cristian-zaccardo-ive-had-1,000-offers-following-linkedin-job-post

Â