The Ex-Villa Player thread - Keeping tabs on old Villans

Moneill

Former England and Aston Villa defender Ugo Ehiogu is in hospital after collapsing at Tottenham's training centre on Thursday.

The 44-year-old, who is Spurs' Under-23s coach, received medical treatment on site before being transferred to hospital by ambulance, the Premier League club confirmed.

"Everyone at the club sends their best wishes to Ugo and his family," Tottenham added in a statement.

Ehiogu has been at Spurs since 2014.

He made over 200 appearances for Aston Villa between 1991 and 2000 and then spent seven years at Middlesbrough.

He won the League Cup with Villa in 1996 and also with Middlesbrough in 2004.

Ehiogu, who was capped four times by England, also played for West Brom, Leeds, Rangers and Sheffield United before retiring in 2009.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39660196

All the best Ugo.  One of the trio who left us under a cloud to join a more ambitious Middlesbrough side, but someone who I still think of fondly.  His fractured skull never stopped him, so hopefully this won't either.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Ashley Young has retired from football.

Sorry, that should read : Ashley Young has been retired.

players who dive in English football will face bans from next season under new Football Association regulations.

Under the new rules, passed by the governing body at its annual general meeting on Thursday, a panel will review footage from the weekend each Monday looking for cases of simulation.

Any player unanimously found guilty of diving would be given a suspension.

The FA also announced it has passed reforms it proposed in March, following criticism over the way it is run.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39962886

• Like 1

Nathan “The great hope” Delfouenso scored for Blackpool last night in the Div II playoffs. For a striker (he’s still only 26), he hasn’t scored many goals 21 in 204 appearances. From what I saw at youth level I would have thought he would be banging them in at League II level on a regularly basis. 

2 hours ago, PauloBarnesi said:

From what I saw at youth level I would have thought he would be banging them in at League II level on a regularly basis. 

Another player who had some talent but not the attitude to make it. Luke Moore mark II.

Fair play to Gary Cahill for the career he's forged for himself. He seems like a top lad and a model professional. Some thought he was just about 'that' goal, but most saw his potential for what it was. 

Has any ex-Villa player ever gone on to win honours like this (Yorke is the only one who comes to mind). 

Premier League: 2014–15, 2016–17

FA Cup: 2011–12

Football League Cup: 2014–15

UEFA Champions League: 2011–12

UEFA Europa League: 2012–13

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

from the Enda Stevens talk. Whatever happened to Joe Bennett :huh:

He's playing for Cardiff. Pretty sure he scored a brace in the last game of the season against Huddersfield.

Â