The Ex-Villa Player thread - Keeping tabs on old Villans

Moneill

Eric Lihaj got himself a dog apparently.

As you may be aware, Eric Lichaj was on a promise going into Nottingham Forest’s FA Cup third round tie at the weekend.

Having spent months pestering his wife Kathryn, she finally caved in and agreed that, should the American right-back score an unlikely hat-trick against Arsenal, she’d allow him to get a dog.

Lichaj came close, scoring twice in a monumental 4-2 victory at the City Ground, though he was cruelly denied a third goal when Forest were awarded a couple of second-half penalties, only for youngsters Ben Brereton and Keiran Dowell to seize responsibility for taking them.

A hashtag campaign, #GetEricADog, was immediately launched on Twitter after the match as fans clamoured for Karyn to honour her wager on the basis that Lichaj’s match-winning performance against the cup holders deserved rewarding.

Sure enough, after two days of sustained pressure, Eric got a dog…

DTIJgVrXcAMWBXH.jpg

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/arsenal/267032/nottingham-forest-eric-lichaj-gets-dog-after-scoring-twice-against-arsenal-names-it-gunner-just-to-rub-it-in-photo.html

Edited by sne
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Met Allan Evans and Darius Vassell at a pre match event before todays game. 

Darius was taking questions, one of which was 'what ws your favourite goal for Villa'

Without much hesitation he said it was a "goal" away at Man City. It was actually ruled offside, but it was a great goal so even though it was disallowed he considers it to be a goal. 

I'm not sure Darius understands how football works :crylaugh:

Just now, mikeyp102 said:

I’d posted that when he got sent off

That was brilliant!..

Even better Pep has been running with 'we need more protection of our players' and that dickhead goes and does that. Haha priceless.

Yeah he is a Snake and a mercenary.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Derrick Williams called up the Irish squad for a friendly against Turkey. Callum Robinson wants to play for us too but hasn't been called up despite only 3 strikers in the squad (Long, Hogan and Maguire).

Enda Stevens called up as well

• Like 1

I guess this could have gone in any number of threads ie Players you had forgotten about, Players you think are rubbish etc, but I thought I had better put it here.

Reo-Coker signs for MK Dons

Former Aston Villa and West Ham midfielder Nigel Reo-Coker has joined MK Dons until the end of the season.

The 33-year-old moved from West Ham to Villa for £7.5m in 2007 and also spent a season at Bolton, making more than 200 Premier League appearances.

He was a free agent after leaving Norwegian side IK Start in June.

"We are light in the midfield having lost Alex Gilbey to injury so he provides us with another option there," said MK Dons manager Dan Micciche.

"He brings huge experience and great leadership qualities, which will be invaluable to us - we have some big games coming up and he has that experience of how to handle high-pressured situations."

Â