The Ex-Villa Player thread - Keeping tabs on old Villans

Moneill

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Jordan Graham joining Fulham 

Could be a good signing for both parties. I saw him a couple of times for Wolves before his big injury and he absolutely ran the show. Obviously he isn't going to get into that Wolves midfield, but if he can get fitness back he's a very good tricky midfielder in this division. Fulham play the right way for him as well. 

• Like 1

Excerpt from Vassell's book click.

Seems like it would be a interesting read going from that part.

I didn’t want to become a journeyman footballer. Aston Villa was the only club I’d ever wanted to play for and I’d grown to love Manchester City, but I just didn’t want to go through all of that again in England; I wanted something new, something completely different. I knew that there was nothing right for me in England and I told my agent that a move abroad was the only option. I was capable of living abroad, learning a new language and adapting to a new culture, so I felt like it was a great opportunity. I had been learning French and I wanted to play there, but we just weren’t able to find the right club.

My agent came to me with the option of joining a club in Turkey. He said that a Super Lig club called Ankaraspor were interested in me. I asked if he was sure it was them and he corrected himself and said it was actually Ankaragucu who wanted me. They were even more obscure!

Their club website didn’t seem to be official and I felt I must have been looking at the wrong page, but no matter how much I searched for something else, it was their site all right. I got my head around everything and decided it was worth flying out to meet them and take a look.

Edited by Hornso
Added quote as per rules

• 3 weeks later...

Isaiah Osbourne: Forest Green sign midfielder until the end of the season

Forest Green Rovers have signed Isaiah Osbourne on a permanent deal until the end of the season.

The midfielder, 29, was a free agent after being released by Walsall at the end of last season.

He impressed in a friendly against Newport County on Tuesday and is eligible for Friday's League Two fixture with Swindon Town.

"Ossie has been with us a few weeks and we like what we see," Forest Green manager Mark Cooper said.

"He gives us a little bit of bite right in front of the back four and can give us a bit of aggressiveness and defensive mindedness in midfield, which is probably what we have been looking for."

Link

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/09/2017 at 00:37, Hornso said:

Sounds like Henry Cowans is joining Telford.

Went to watch Telford yesterday. Cowans had a good game and is starting to find some form.

Seems he has had some interesting ex-villa company in training too as Joleon Lescott has also been training with Telford along with Ex-wolves  Sylvan Ebanks-Blake.

Think it is more the fact they are both mates with Rob Edwards (current Telford manager) and trying to stay fit with Telford now training pretty much full-time from this season rather than them looking to play in the conference north but who knows

• Like 1

Â