The Ex-Villa Player thread - Keeping tabs on old Villans

Moneill

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bill McNeill sadly has dementia

The family of former Celtic manager and player Billy McNeill have confirmed he has dementia.

Mr McNeill, who has been described as the club's "greatest ever captain", led the team which won the European Cup in 1967.

His family told a Sunday newspaper he was diagnosed with the illness seven years ago and is now unable to speak.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-39095623

• 2 weeks later...

Ashley Young playing for Manure tonight as a winger. This is the 1st time I've seen him play there for years. He looks completely bereft of ideas in regards to beating a player and just delivered a shocking free kick.

I wonder if he's enjoyed been an integral part of United's most dire spell in 25 years :D

1 hour ago, TheAuthority said:

Ashley Young playing for Manure tonight as a winger. This is the 1st time I've seen him play there for years. He looks completely bereft of ideas in regards to beating a player and just delivered a shocking free kick.

I wonder if he's enjoyed been an integral part of United's most dire spell in 25 years :D

Same as Fellani, I really can't believe he's still at United. When did he last start a league game for them. I remember they randomly played him away to Liverpool but that was in October.

They signed him the same year we signed Hutton so how many new contracts have they given him?

7 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Same as Fellani, I really can't believe he's still at United. When did he last start a league game for them. I remember they randomly played him away to Liverpool but that was in October.

They signed him the same year we signed Hutton so how many new contracts have they given him?

just 1. they gave him an extension 2 years ago

Inspired by young Marcus scoring in the CL, a list of players we didn't really have to sell,although they may have made sense at the time, let go for peanuts still floating around at a decent level.

Would have saved a lot of money if we just stuck with these lot instead of funding massive overhauls every year that proved to be less than successful. Whilst not a realistic option in the slightest, a bit of fun.

Lowton, Curtis Davies, Routledge, Bannan, Sidwell, Steven Davis,Albrighton, Weimann, Forrester, Hogg, C Gardner, KEA, Johnson, Graham (unfortunate with injuries), Bent, Callum Robinson, Sylla

I know there is some stats of Villa having the one of the highest amount of Ex players in the top or top 2 divisions. Surely we have we have one of the highest amount of players to go on and win the Premier League with other clubs:

Keown, Yorke, Bosnich, Cahill, Milner, Young, Barry, Albrighton, Sturridge (Does he count?)

5 hours ago, Nicho said:

I know there is some stats of Villa having the one of the highest amount of Ex players in the top or top 2 divisions. Surely we have we have one of the highest amount of players to go on and win the Premier League with other clubs:

Keown, Yorke, Bosnich, Cahill, Milner, Young, Barry, Albrighton, Sturridge (Does he count?)

Schmeichel, RonnyJohnsen, Stuart Taylor as well ;) 

• 4 weeks later...
Â