The Ex-Villa Player thread - Keeping tabs on old Villans

Moneill

9 hours ago, Villatillidie95 said:

Brilliant to see ex Villa cult hero Conor hourihane lift the trophy and be promoted with Derby county….was way too good for league 1 

Felt like a proud dad seeing this earlier. I'm glad he got a chance in the Premier League, and he's one of those players that I'll follow forever. He's in the T-Dog Hall of Fame forever. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Villatillidie95 said:

Brilliant to see ex Villa cult hero Conor hourihane lift the trophy and be promoted with Derby county….was way too good for league 1 

Love the chap but he really wasn't.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Everyone’s favourite ex Villa player and fan of every club he’s played for Craig Gardner popping into the local chinese for his first dinner of the day looking at his expanding waistline.

James Collins and Corey Blackett-Taylor also promoted with Derby. Collins is out of contract in the summer, and Blackett-Taylor is on loan, but i think they have an obligation to buy him. I wouldn't be surprised if they took Kellyman on loan next season.

On 27/04/2024 at 15:33, Villatillidie95 said:

Agreed but, bugbear of mine.

What bloody trophy? You don’t get a trophy for second place, I feel like they went out and bought their own trophy just so they could have a celebration photoshoot with a trophy in it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Agreed but, bugbear of mine.

What bloody trophy? You don’t get a trophy for second place, I feel like they went out and bought their own trophy just so they could have a celebration photoshoot with a trophy in it.

Agree with this, I didn't even know it was a thing until we were promoted. We got a trophy for finishing 5th! But I guess as you say, you do have something to celebrate, and trophies lend themselves well to that.

10 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Says a lot about Gabby as well. No wonder he turned into a fat ****. 

Gabby was a kid then, its the senior pros  at the time that encouraged it. No wonder he fell into bad habits if thats who he was learning from

• Like 2

Â