The Ex-Villa Player thread - Keeping tabs on old Villans

Moneill

55 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Sad to see Aaron Ramsey go off on a stretcher today, following a fairly innocuous challenge by Oodegard.

Hope it isn't as bad as it looked when he went off chuffing on O2.

Just saw it on MOTD, made me flinch. Looked like his knee buckled the wrong way :puke:

13 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

Just saw it on MOTD, made me flinch. Looked like his knee buckled the wrong way :puke:

And then I started playing football!!!

🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣3️⃣2️⃣1️⃣🆒💥💥💥👌🏼

... Is that right? 

Harvey Knibbs seems to be doing okay with Reading in League One, thirteen goals in all competitions, eight of those in the league, plus five assists, playing on the left wing

• Like 1

7 hours ago, VillaAlex said:

Carlos Gil also scored in the same game. 

Good catch. I hadn’t spotted that.  It’s nice to think that some of these ex Villa players have been able to make a decent living, ~ £2-£3m a year. As good as some current Villa starters.

some current Villa stars. 

Edited by Marka Ragnos

18 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

RIP Chris Nicholl 😥💜💙

Sad to learn this. Amazingly, I was actually at this derby match in 1974 where he started. I don't remember him (too young), but I remember the game. 

Villa’s inability to produce any sort of consistency sees them beaten at the Hawthorns, languishing in seventh, three points behind their near neighbours and eleven off the second division leaders with promotion looking a far tougher proposition that it had done at the end of October when they sat third and scoring for fun.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Good catch. I hadn’t spotted that.  It’s nice to think that some of these ex Villa players have been able to make a decent living, ~ £2-£3m a year. As good as some current Villa starters.

some current Villa stars. 

Also Deano’s new club Charlotte won their 1st game last night - captained by Ashley Westwood

• Thanks 2

• 4 weeks later...

Goal machine Jordan Bowery playing live on sky right now for Mansfield. No idea Mansfield is currently top of League 2.

Oh and first action of Bowery, 25 yards shot just shaved passed the corner flag for a GK

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, HongKongVillan said:

Goal machine Jordan Bowery playing live on sky right now for Mansfield. No idea Mansfield is currently top of League 2.

Oh and first action of Bowery, 25 yards shot just shaved passed the corner flag for a GK

He's managed to carve out a decent career. 

Lewis Brunt scored for the Stags - ex Villa yoof. 

Edited by Xela

5 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Can’t place three of them:

tall chap third along the back;

guy next to Allan Evans;

fellow front right next to Evans.

Anyone?

Â