The Ex-Villa Player thread - Keeping tabs on old Villans

Moneill

On 07/08/2023 at 22:34, villan95 said:

Not sure if it's been mentioned but Jake Doyle-Hayes and Harry McKirdy are both at Hibs. Adds another interesting dynamic if they get past Luzern..

Harry McKirdy has just had open heart surgery and won't be kicking a ball in anger for about 6 months.

Jake Doyle-Hayes has been with us for a while and is "marmite" with the fans with the majority probably thinking  .......we could do better.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, newhavenhibby said:

Harry McKirdy has just had open heart surgery and won't be kicking a ball in anger for about 6 months.

Jake Doyle-Hayes has been with us for a while and is "marmite" with the fans with the majority probably thinking  .......we could do better.

Yeah I just saw about McKirdy today. Hopefully he can make a successful comeback 🤞

Ah interesting to hear about Doyle-Hayes. Was he injured last season because I see he didn't play much or just out of favour?

• Like 1

Bit of both with Doyle-Hayes.........as I said many fans don't rate him and in January this year it looked like he was moving to Forest Green, but that fell through and then struggled a bit with injury.

I'm sure all Hibs fans also wish McKirdy all the best but again many don't rate him and has not become a favourite. Struggled for game time and confidence has taken a beating. There was talk about him returning to Swindon but then in a pre-season medical check up the heart problem was revealed.

Edited by newhavenhibby
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lapal_fan said:

Nathan Baker moving into a new career after his football career ended last year :)  Good luck warrior.  Remember, you don't need to use your head for anything other than thinking now!

He's done a reverse Tyrone Mings 😅

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 01/08/2023 at 23:16, Ceemo said:

Leandro Bacuna has returned to Groningen in the Netherlands at the age of 31, just over 10 years after he left Groningen to join Villa.

Since he left Villa in 2017, he has played exclusively in the Championship. He never did get to play for that Champions League team that he always thought he could have.

You know what, I'd much rather have a player that overestimates their own ability and believes they can make it to the top (even if it's clear it's not likely) to a player who feels limited or lucky to be at the level they are in. It's just a shame when Leo said it publicly it came across as disrespectful to Villa.

Arjan Raikhy has signed for Leicester. Think someone already mentioned he had been on trial there. The sky sports headline is certainly something 😅

Arjan Raikhy: Punjabi wonderkid joins former Premier League champions Leicester after leaving Aston Villa

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12941599/arjan-raikhy-punjabi-wonderkid-joins-former-premier-league-champions-leicester-after-leaving-aston-villa

• Haha 1

On 09/08/2023 at 18:13, newhavenhibby said:

Bit of both with Doyle-Hayes.........as I said many fans don't rate him and in January this year it looked like he was moving to Forest Green, but that fell through and then struggled a bit with injury.

I'm sure all Hibs fans also wish McKirdy all the best but again many don't rate him and has not become a favourite. Struggled for game time and confidence has taken a beating. There was talk about him returning to Swindon but then in a pre-season medical check up the heart problem was revealed.

Well all the best to him and all the best to you too and all of you Hibs boys. Best of luck for the rest of your season, post Thursday of course! Although you’re allowed to do ok this weekend. 

• Like 1

Thanks Dave , this weekend is really important for Lee Johnson as with only Aberdeen away to come before the break if we lose tomorrow, then next Thursday and take nothing at the Dons ( not a happy hunting ground for us) which will leave us with zero points, then I can see him getting the sack...........cannot come soon enough for most Hibs fans now.

Good luck to Villa on the domestic front and in Europe , I think with Emery in charge and the players he has brought in, things are looking good for the future down Aston way. 👍

:flag:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Didn't realise Andre Green was at Rotherham, hit a lovely cross for their goal and they gave Leicester a really good game looking at the highlights and were unlucky to lose.

Been a bit of a torrid route but pleased to see he's back in the championship four years after leaving us as he always had talent but got a bad injury just when he was looking threatening on a weekly basis, think it was that Norwich home game when Hourihane hit a hat trick and he ripped his hamstring and was out for months.

Odd the championship was only 4-5 years ago and yet seems so much longer with all that's happened since and who plays and manages us now.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Didn't realise Andre Green was at Rotherham, hit a lovely cross for their goal and they gave Leicester a really good game looking at the highlights and were unlucky to lose.

Been a bit of a torrid route but pleased to see he's back in the championship four years after leaving us as he always had talent but got a bad injury just when he was looking threatening on a weekly basis, think it was that Norwich home game when Hourihane hit a hat trick and he ripped his hamstring and was out for months.

Odd the championship was only 4-5 years ago and yet seems so much longer with all that's happened since and who plays and manages us now.

How was it a torrid route? He got to move to a new country, won a few trophies and played in Europe

Its a lot better than ploughing away in the Championship at West Brom or Preston for a few seasons

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

The translation i used to read it was maybe not the best but it sounds like the club promised him game time, then randomly bomb squadded him to play with the reserves and he lost motivation

Â