Brad Guzan

R.Bear

6 hours ago, Czechlad said:

I am sure he could do a job as a back up. Leicester need a back up at the moment. 

there's no way he's going to the Premier League champions as a backup. He might have to play at some point. If he were English he could fulfil the 'Richard Wright role' - sadly he isn't. 

3 hours ago, StewieGriffin said:

I wont be surprised when he goes to a PL club as backup, eventually gets a chance and magically becomes the keeper we had under Lambert again

I would be shocked

• Like 1

How on earth did he keep a clean sheet? I suppose not having the chuckle brothers in front of him helped, would still expect a misplaced goalkick or been beaten to a ball by a 5ft player resulting in a goal!

55 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Should keep him - he's had a bad year but is good enough for the prem. He needs an organised defence in front of him, like all keepers do.

He's nowhere near good enough for the Premier League. I don't even think he's good enough for the Championship, and certainly we could achieve the same level of ability for a significant reduction in the weekly wage bill. 

• Like 1

He certainly was in the past and one bad season doesn't mean that he's suddenly terrible and considering the mitigating factors, such as having Richards and Lescott in front of him for a lot of it - I think I'd give him another go.

17 minutes ago, lexicon said:

He certainly was in the past and one bad season doesn't mean that he's suddenly terrible and considering the mitigating factors, such as having Richards and Lescott in front of him for a lot of it - I think I'd give him another go.

He hasn't had one bad season, he's had at least two in a row. The mitigating factors can be spun in another way, ie. it's in theory easier for a keeper to shine behind a shit defence because they're kept busier. Anyway, the bridges are burned with this player - he's hated by the supporters and needs to be sold ASAP. 

• Like 1

I'd say he's had one bad season. He wasn't bad last season (14-15) although he tailed off towards the end.

That being said, he certainly isn't good enough for the prem at the moment. His mistakes have spiralled and he can't recover. it's a mental problem, imo.

If he stays here he certainly shouldn't be number 1, even in the Championship. he needs something new.

I don't hate the guy, I feel a bit sorry for him as he really seems to be really struggling for confidence.  However I will feel much more sorry for myself if he is starting in goal for us next season.  He is too big a risk for my tastes and should be replaced.

• Like 1

He has definitely had more than "one bad season", he was awful the season before. He's a terrible keeper and has demonstrated consistent decline, rather than just a transitory drop in form. He has to go. He's simply not good enough.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, lexicon said:

Should keep him - he's had a bad year but is good enough for the prem. He needs an organised defence in front of him, like all keepers do.

Isnt it a keepers job to help organise the defence

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Isnt it a keepers job to help organise the defence

Help being the key word.

Guzan's had a terrible season, but a keeper can't completely organise a defence. There's a hell of a lot more to it than what the goalkeeper does.

It's not like if we'd had Petr Cech in goal our defence would suddenly have become brilliant.

Just now, Richard said:

He is one of a group of players that I would class as must go this summer

Him

Gabby

Richards

Lescott

Sinclair

Same.

Although I think there are two categories there. Richards, Gabby and lescott need to go because they're bad influences.

Brad and Sinclair are just shit.

but the problem with Guzan he has been No.1 for 4 seasons and 4 managers(Black managed enough to not be labelled a caretaker) and every defender has looked absolute woeful in front of him except Senderos (thats only because he played a minimum number of games)

just cant be a coincidence with Guzan for me, US defence looked all over place in Gold Cup when I saw them as well

• Like 1

Just now, ferguson1 said:

I would include Bacuna in that group as well.

yes forgot him which to be honest is easily done and I'm just disappointed Eric Black didnt

Â