Brad Guzan

R.Bear

Didn't Carragher say it was Guzan's fault? Just to point out that a pundit has looked at it and blames Guzan for it, so this no blame lies with Guzan is nonsense.

It seems a few have said it. Which also points out how stupid it is to suggest its some sort of vendetta against Guzan from people on VT.

Ian Taylor blamed Guzan on Tom Ross show last night as well - he said Amavi shouldn't have tried to do what he did but he said Guzan with all his experience should have known better

• Like 2

Carragher saying it doesn't make it true, pundits opinions aren't any more valid than anyone else's you know? We were all complaining earlier when all our season previews all the pundits predicted we'd struggle as we hadn't signed anyone and sold our best players despite us signing loads of very promising players. Pundits aren't always right, hell they aren't even often right

I do wonder how much blame would be given to Guzan and what the general reaction on here would be had it been Gabby that he'd rolled the ball to, who has subsequently lost it and we conceded a goal. I largely suspect that Guzan would be given approximately 0% blame for the goal, and Gabby would receive approximately 0% of the leeway Amavi is getting, just my thoughts

Exactly right. 

I made the point earlier. If he'd given that ball to Hutton, or Joe Bennett, or Cissokho then it wouldn't even be mentioned.

I'd also say that if Bunn had done it it wouldn't have been mentioned either.

Genuine question, has anyone seen any pundit, commentator or reporter even mention Guzan when talking about this goal?

Now Carragher and Ian Taylor have mentioned, yes the witch hunt against Guzan continues. So this is the point really, this notion that Guzan can take absolutely no blame is not right IMO, when two pundits as well as fans have stated he had a part to play in the conceded goal.

Fair enough on the pundits saying it.

I still completely disagree with them, and I've already said numerous times that "witch hunt" wasn't the right term to use.

Edited by Stevo985

Only just brought myself to watch the highlights. I don't think it was that bad a throw to Amavi. The one thing that hasn't been mentioned is Dann's awareness and quick thinking to close Amavi down, Amavi should have turned outside rather than inside, that way if he gets tackled it's in a less threatening position. Considering we are trying to play more of a passing game, and clearly thinking about maybe scoring a late winner rather than the alternative where Guzan holds on to the ball for 20 seconds then kicks it long, Guzan gets far less of the blame than Amavi for me.

Watching it again, I think Guzan had other and better options further advanced. Mistakes happen, that's life. They were both at fault, but Guzan should have taken more time to weigh up his options. My problem with him is that, to me personally, he looks unsure, hurried and lacking confidence. And that is not just confined to his distribution.

• Like 2

UF1vQAB.gif

I can't believe Guzan left that window unlocked.

Really poor decision making from Guzan there. With his experience he should know that jumping out the window is a risky move, especially with a perfectly working door opposite.

I've defended him until now but I personally thought he was to blame for the first and maybe questionable on the second.

Nothing he could do for the second, shit from Clark and it took a deflection off richards.  From what I saw he's 100% to blame for the first though.

I've defended him until now but I personally thought he was to blame for the first and maybe questionable on the second.

Not sure about the second goal but the set up off his wall and positioning for the first goal was dreadful. Gave himself far too much ground to cover. I personally think he's a bit headshot at the moment and has been for a long time- maybe man city. He just seems to panic continually when the ball is played back to him and puts the full backs under pressure.. Think a replacement will deffo be on the cards soon unless he gets his shit together.

Â