Brad Guzan

R.Bear

As critical as I was last season, I always maintained that - despite proving to be a rather uninspiring and mediocre player - he wasn't a liability. I may have to revise that position soon.

Sherwood has worked his magic/voodoo on Guzan. What was Lambert's secret to make him play well?

put 10 defenders in front of him

Not true. He was catching everything under Lambert. Most probably bad coaching and public hunting for a new keeper that has made Guzan insecure as to what he was doing wrong in the first place to get dropped for a worse keeper in Given. Good managers instill confidence in their players, Sherwood is making matters worse by not supporting his keeper like Lambert used to do.

I agree that Guzan made a mistake for the 3rd goal (he should either come and claim earlier, or stay on his line) but how on Earth does the centre of defence get outdone by a hopeful punt to the shortest guy on the pitch?!

I agree that Guzan made a mistake for the 3rd goal (he should either come and claim earlier, or stay on his line) but how on Earth does the centre of defence get outdone by a hopeful punt to the shortest guy on the pitch?!

Clark wasn't there, so the next scapegoat in line is Guzan, naturally.

Scapegoat? Did you see the goal?

Are you actually defending Guzan for that goal?

Â