Brad Guzan

R.Bear

If it went over the wall then it was positioned correctly.

As was Guzan. He covered the side that the wall didn't.

You could argue he didn't get across quick enough, but I think that would be very harsh.

I think it's a bit much to say VT has turned. The palace goal criticism was justified and its only one or two who have been crazy enough to blame him for the 2nd goal.

After watching MOTD the free kick was better than I first thought but I still don't think the wall was great.

If the palace goal criticism was justified why has he not been criticised for playing the ball short yesterday to a player under pressure? You know, the one we went straight down the other end and scored from? No criticism for that?

At first viewing I did think the wall was a bit off, so I can understand the match day reactions, but having seen it again it looks pretty bang on to me, and there was obviously nothing he could do with the 2nd

I think it's a bit much to say VT has turned. The palace goal criticism was justified and its only one or two who have been crazy enough to blame him for the 2nd goal.

After watching MOTD the free kick was better than I first thought but I still don't think the wall was great.

If the palace goal criticism was justified why has he not been criticised for playing the ball short yesterday to a player under pressure? You know, the one we went straight down the other end and scored from? No criticism for that?

At first viewing I did think the wall was a bit off, so I can understand the match day reactions, but having seen it again it looks pretty bang on to me, and there was obviously nothing he could do with the 2nd

Did he roll it out in the exact same situation? After just defending a corner, with a few mins left, away from home, with their best defender the one applying the pressure to the defender the ball was being played to?

Surely the fact that independent experienced pundits have criticised it shows its not some sort of hate on Guzan.

You could argue he didn't get across quick enough, but I think that would be very harsh.

His positioning was fine. Did it go over? It didn't look like it from my view at the game and I didn't think the MOTD replays showed it that clearly. I'd like to see a behind goal view.

It would also take credit away from M'Vila, who struck it brilliantly.

Did he roll it out in the exact same situation? After just defending a corner, with a few mins left, away from home, with their best defender the one applying the pressure to the defender the ball was being played to?

Surely the fact that independent experienced pundits have criticised it shows its not some sort of hate on Guzan.

His positioning was fine. Did it go over? It didn't look like it from my view at the game and I didn't think the MOTD replays showed it that clearly. I'd like to see a behind goal view.

I've only seen it once but I thought it went over the wall.

If it went round the wall then there's a discussion to be had.

Well the "exact same situation" would be very unlikely to happen again, however it was a few mins from half time, 1-1 Sunderland were pressing high up the pitch and he played it out to a player under some pressure, so it's not a completely different situation. The main difference being the player he passed to didn't lose the ball

Somebody actually blamed Guzan for the second goal too :crylaugh:

In the match thread? Yeah I noticed that as well.

Something along the lines of "Can Guzan save anything?!"

No in this thread actually.

Crazy. He's going to get blamed for everything now.

Like I said before. VT has turned. I don't think he'll ever win it back.

I can't seem to be able to source a Viper for my American road trip in October.  Stupid Guzan.

Â