• Benitez
    • McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

Someone on H&V speculated that Martinez could be backup in case "meltdown man" doesn't go ahead.

I missed a whole day worth of saga, what is this meltdown man?

The guy with the melting face?

The guy with the melting face? No, it's not Redknapp. :lol:

MM posted on H&V and said something about the possibility of a managerial appointment that would cause Bent-style meltdown. He said he didn't want to reveal too much as he didn't want to disrupt it.

MM has said loads of times that he doesn't know anything.

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Roberto Martinez would be a terrible appointment. The players would walk all over him. We need a no nonsense guy. He hasn't even made Wigan an established Premier League side. Sooner or later they'll be gone under him.

This screams of a yes man who would be happy enough to take us through mediocrity spending very little.

We need a no nosense guy to come in and play more hoof ball? These "no nonsense" types always lose their dressing rooms nowadays. These modern players don`t respond to it.

Martinez has proved he can motivate players under pressure and the whole dressing room like him and respect him. How many stories of dressing romm unrest have you heard come out of wigan?

Its not about bollocking people its about the players wanting to play for you. With martinez this is clearly the case. Give him a set of more talented players to apply his ideas with and it will be good.

Top post valhalla.

I mean, the no nonsense approach really worked for houllier last season didnt it?

MM posted on H&V and said something about the possibility of a managerial appointment that would cause Bent-style meltdown. He said he didn't want to reveal too much as he didn't want to disrupt it.

Anyone who was online the day DB signed will know that the meltdown started on the sunderland forum at first they did'nt believe it and oh how we laughed when the sudden realisation (sp) kicked in,

This is making me think that we are trying to get Moyes in and MM does'nt want to say anything to jeopardise it

I personally like Martinez but it's slightly underwhelming, at the end of the day we have to support him. Apparently Randy wanted someone who could continue the work that Gh started and he might just be a good choice. I'm sure he could make good use of the academy also. It seems like GH backroom staff might also stay on. Give him a chance, and once again yes, he hasn't even been appointed yet.lol. There is no way in hell Randy would just simply go out and pursposely sign an underwhelming manager, I have faith they will do is best for the club as a whole.

I like Martinez. Plays good football and people who are saying he is shit. Well Wigan are still in Premier LEague and he is a big reason Swasnsea are in Premier league

Q. Why is it that a club like Fulham, who apparently did not see Hughes resignation coming and as such didn't have a contingency plan in hand can overcome this setback and appoint a manager with Premiership and European experience in the matter of days, when we have known that there was a real chance that Houllier was probably not going to return to the club due to health reasons for over six weeks?

A. Because one club has a chairman and board who are proactive and the other club doesn't!

Martinez would be a fantastic appointment, you just don't see it yet. Ive always listened to him and thought he was fantastic. Players will want to play for him and you know what, he will make Villa a good team to watch. Go for it Randy, this guy has the potential to be our manager for 10 years plus.

No to Martinez. 5 steps back. Would prefer rafa than him. No one can give me any positives for him. 25% win rate with Wigan is poor.

Rafas win rate with by far the best team in italy was?!

Rafas win rate with a squad worth hundreds of millions with steven Gerrard, Reina, Torres and Alonso being paid pretty much what wigans 1st XI were was?

Dont get hung up on trophies or win percentages, need to take teams into account. Only matters in context.

Wigan go into every season trying to avoid relegation, what has Martinez done every season?

They have lost players of the quality of Valencia and Palacios and had barely any money to buy replacements.

I think Martinez should get a chance here. ( especially if he continues his unbeaten record at Villa Park!)

I'd be happy with Martinez. He's earned his stripes,

How?

By keeping Wigan in Prem by skin of their teeth?

Because they are Wigan, open your eyes. It is the most pathetic reason for not wanting Martinez. Fair enough if it doesn't shout ambition but records like that are expected at clubs of that size.

Jesus, Wigan were shocking for most of last season. They were going down with 15 minutes of the season left, they spawned a win against Stoke who had a perfectly good goal ruled and 2 cleared off the line

We also need a man who can convince players to stay, Martinez is not the guy - for goodness sake Randy.

Do we though?

if the players want to leave then **** them off - I want players who wnat to play of for the team regardless of teh maanager. Dunne, Ashley Young, Collins, all the other the shite MON bought and Downing if tehy don't want to play for the team and don't want to play for martinez then tehy can get to ****.

We are Aston Villa mangers and players should relaise they're lucky to be at us.

Peopel ask why woudl we want Martinez?

Well we want to atart to play football the right way - Houllier started this - is Moyes / Hughes etc going to buy into thsi culture? NO they'll play boring negative football.

For Villa to sucees we need to play to our strengths - i.e. bring players though - we have the best academy in teh country we turn decent English players into full first teamers (Barry, Milner, Youbg, Downing, Bent) if we want to continue to attract the best footballers we need to get them to want to join us - if we play fdecent attacking football and bring players on - all teh young players in teh country will want to come to us not Man U, Liverpool, Arsenal etc where they won't get a chnace.

We need to create a egacy - Martinez could eb that man - let's give him a chnace

If you want shit short-term then we go for someone like MON - waste all our money in doing so setting us back 2 or 3 years and leave and we're left to pick up teh pieces and spirallg wage bills

it's just a crying shame Houllier was unfit to continue because he'd have do ne wonders next season getting rid of the chaff and hopefully just sacking teh shite MON left behind.

If martinez gets the job - give him a chance he can make a difference to the long term. the last thing we want is to give him stick liek what Houllier had.