• Benitez
    • McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

Perhaps Martinez wouldn't want as big a kitty as the others as he used to working with buttons at Wigan and Swansea?

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps Martinez wouldn't want as big a kitty as the others as he used to working with buttons at Wigan and Swansea?

If we end up with Martinez then questions must be asked of the board... There are a number of other better candidates available ... Carlo, rafa, Hughes, Jol. If if we r going to go for a manager already at a club then go for moyes. If we end up with Martinez what does that say for our ambition??? A manager who's team only stayed in premier league on the last day of the season?? Hardly inspiring for the likes of bent and downing or potential new signings for that matter! Only my opinion!

No to Martinez.

Wigan finished 11th before Martinez took over - he keeps them up by skin of teeth - oh great...

Admitdely they have bugger all but him keeping them in Prem is him doing OK there not great.

They play well against us but this idea they are great to watch and somehow Barca-esque is pure shite - they can be absolute shit .

9-0 anyone??

Too inexperienced , players would walk all over him here imo. No to Martinez.

I would love martinez to get the job. Young manager with proper footballing ideas who could stay for a long time and build a new culture at the club.

Much better than some 50-60 odd year old "big name" in my opinion.

If we end up with Martinez then questions must be asked of the board... There are a number of other better candidates available ... Carlo, rafa, Hughes, Jol. If if we r going to go for a manager already at a club then go for moyes. If we end up with Martinez what does that say for our ambition??? A manager who's team only stayed in premier league on the last day of the season?? Hardly inspiring for the likes of bent and downing or potential new signings for that matter! Only my opinion!

Sorry meant candidates that WERE available!!! Before i get slated for mentioning Jol!!!

I think the way its shaping up it looks like Benitez and I suspect he really wants it.

Mind you I am quite warm to idea of Martinez as he is a young hungry manager who is capable of building something at Villa. I could see him working very well with RL and PF.

I'd not been near the internet all afternoon so when I got in and saw that McLaren has been ruled out by the club based in part on fan feedback I heaved a sigh of relief. Thank goodness for VT, H&V, etc.

I would love martinez to get the job. Young manager with proper footballing ideas who could stay for a long time and build a new culture at the club.

Much better than some 50-60 odd year old "big name" in my opinion.

I agree, i would have prefered Jol or Hughes, but Martinez will do fine. Young hungry manager, very likeable and will work with whatever budget we have.

No to Martinez.

Wigan finished 11th before Martinez took over - he keeps them up by skin of teeth - oh great...

Admitdely they have bugger all but him keeping them in Prem is him doing OK there not great.

They play well against us but this idea they are great to watch and somehow Barca-esque is pure shite - they can be absolute shit .

9-0 anyone??

Too inexperienced , players would walk all over him here imo. No to Martinez.

They lost Valencia, Heskey and Palacios to name a few. That was the core of their team.

Martinez would flop IMO, how can Randy contemplate employing a manager who kept his side up by the skin of their teeth?

im completely befuddled - Martinez is a good manager, but i'm sorry...you dont reject Rafa and employ Martinez - thats lunancy

Lots of us hate Rafa, Randy wouldn't make an appointment that angered fans as much as he would.

Wrong type of appointment in my opinion. We need someone who has the knowledge and experience to build upon the foundations that where being laid by GED. Someone who can get the best out of our facilities and has the pedigree to attract the right sort of player to help nurture the youth and yet excite the fans at the same time. Moyes, Hughes, Martinez are not the type of managers that fit this bill. I would be looking at the likes of Rijkaard, Van Gaal. If we're seriously going for Martinez then I'm seriously starting to doubt the boards plans for the club.