• Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Mr. Lerner,

Since your arrival at Aston Villa Football Club, you have been a model chairman. You have improved the club on and off the pitch, and have helped to cultivate a better public perception of AVFC. Your enthusiasm for all things Villa has been first class. You seemed to grasp footballing culture. How it has been forged. The heritage. The traditions. The passion.

However, should it happen, this mind-boggling appointment will demonstrate a complete lack of empathy with the Villa fanbase. In fact, it will demonstrate complete disregard.

I hope and pray that it will not, but June 17th 2011 could become the day that you disconnected from Aston Villa Football Club. The appointment of Alex McLeish could be enough to pull the plug on the enormous amount of goodwill you have built in your tenure at Villa to date and ruin your legacy here.

For the good of AVFC, the fans, the players, and your-good-self... Please think this one through.

Yeah ...... you should have left us without a manager for the entire summer just to keep the fans happy and then watch the team get relegated for certain.

Fans know best Randy - let them run the club !

Pathetic !

What sort of answer is that? Is it an idiot's guide to sarcasm?

Who said anything about managerless next season? WHICH FAN EVEN SUGGESTED NOT GETTING A MANAGER ALL SUMMER???

You do realise dont you that McLeish is not the only manager we could have gone for? Flores and Rijkaard both shown interest in the Villa Job..

macarthy or mcleish. as much as i dont like mcleish i would arther have him anyday over dour mcarthy.

mcleish has achieved more and won more. mcarthys greatest achievement is keeping the custard up!

McLeish isnt half the manager McCarthy is.. He had opportunities far greater at Blues than McCarthy has at Wolves. Yet he gets relegated.

McCarthy, if he needs points from a game he has the knowledge in his tactic ability to work out how his team can go about getting those points. McLeish does not possess this quality..

The Premiership is not just about having decent players..Its also a thinking game on how to play the oppossition, a game of chess if you like..McLeish isnt good enough at this level.

You look a Pulis, McCarthy, Alladyce, Hodgsen etc They dont work with the best players but they know weaknesses and strengths, they know how to exploit and get points on the board.

McLeish has took Brum down twice now because he dosnt have the ability to get the points on the board.. In the chess game between the 2 managers on a matchday, he is the weak guy. He relies on his defensive skills to set his team up..He cannot and has not the ability to take the game to the other team.

Houllier would try and outplay, out maneuver the oppossition, he was a mastermind and could have a plan B..

macarthy or mcleish. as much as i dont like mcleish i would arther have him anyday over dour mcarthy.

mcleish has achieved more and won more. mcarthys greatest achievement is keeping the custard up!

Oh Brilliant we can compare and agrue about the record of our manager and one of the worst managers in the league!! **** ace!

Where in his Birmingham sides did we see players making runs off the ball to create space? Where was the intelligence in the play?

Normally you can watch a game of football and see things that make you think that was clever.. Even in lower prem teams you would see it but not Blues..It was always something that was missing in their game. The cleverness, the intelligence..And that comes from tactical awareness and the manager's ability..

Larsson, Hleb and Bentley are far better players that what McLeish had with them. You can get far more out of these on and off the ball that what I seen of them at Blues. McLeish dosnt know how to possition them or play them.

Where in his Birmingham sides did we see players making runs off the ball to create space? Where was the intelligence in the play?

Two words.... Ferguson, Bowyer!!!

I don't think either can actually run??