• Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im completely befuddled - Martinez is a good manager, but i'm sorry...you dont reject Rafa and employ Martinez - thats lunancy

I read earlier he may have rejected us due to budgets.

I'm late to this but delighted that Randy has ruled out McClaren due to the reaction, lets be honest, on here. To think we actually influence in some way the next manager of our club is a great thing.

I'm on the fence with Martinez, and here's why. Like mentioned a few posts up, he kept Wigan in by the skin of the teeth, that much is fact. His managerial record is quite atrocious, and most importantly, he's not got the name or reputation to keep our top players. Simple as that.

However, he does play attractive football. I remember Wigan being a hoof and hope kinda team for a long time, and since he's been there it's been on the ground attractive football. Yes, they're defense was shit but....wait a second I can't name a single defensive player for them, that says alot. It says it all about their back four really.

So, I'm 50/50, but tbh leaning to NO.

I think we're gonna get Rafa, which is an idea I'm starting to warm to. Shame there is so much hatred for the guy, almost on par with McClaren. And we all know what happens to candidates that we show our disapproval for.

Our voices are being heard, loud and clear, that much is obvious. So let's have Randy hear who we really REALLY want, CARLO ANCELOTTI!

CARLO ANCELOTTI!

I'd support the appointment.. I'm just not sure he is ready for a big job like Villa, also Wigan's defence has got me worried (I mean they were close to relegation to be fair)

Whats he supposed to do though? Its not like he can go out and sign john terry and rio ferdinand is it? Hes working under very tight restraints and also the fact hes at an unfashionable club like wigan (no disrespect).

That would change if he came here though

All my money was on Rafa he seemed like a Randy type of manager, or so I thought. I'm at a loss as to the next manager could possibly be. But we seem to be running out of the obvious options. I would have been more than happy with jol, happy with benitez. Randy may have to interview mcClaren yet...

Hopefully Randy pulls out moyes or a nice surprise out of his hat. But it's looking evermore depressing!

Martinez would need time. I reckon if he came in and was given time and some money to spend I think he could do a good job. He has brought some decent players through at Wigan too. McCarthy looks decent. I wouldn't mind him aslong as he is given time

No to Martinez.

Wigan finished 11th before Martinez took over - he keeps them up by skin of teeth - oh great...

Admitdely they have bugger all but him keeping them in Prem is him doing OK there not great.

They play well against us but this idea they are great to watch and somehow Barca-esque is pure shite - they can be absolute shit .

9-0 anyone??

Too inexperienced , players would walk all over him here imo. No to Martinez.

To be fair to Martinez, Wigan did spend a fair bit before he arrived (Rodallega, N'Zogbia...), and he's hardly had a pot to piss in...he's signed 2/3 players from small SPL teams, sold some of their better players and kept Wigan up for 2 years...decent achievement IMO.

This is Wigan remember...the smallest club in the Premier League...not Arsenal!!

im completely befuddled - Martinez is a good manager, but i'm sorry...you dont reject Rafa and employ Martinez - thats lunancy

Benetez turned us down.

I'm going to be mightily underwhelmed if it turns out to be Martinez.

Anyone in charge of wigan would struggle when best players are sold every year from a very thin squad. I think a win percentage of almost 25% is a good effort. He has to make a profit in transfer dealings every year! Also he laid the foundations for Swansea.

i would be perfectly happy with martinez. west ham and blues both had better squads than wigan last season yet he still kept wigan up. young manager and not some big time charlie. and for those that would rather benitez? seriously, this was a guy that had to be practically dragged out of liverpool and struggled with an inter side that won the treble the previous season!

No I'm sorry his win ratio is 26%, Martinez not good enough, time to make your voices heard again - go abroad Randy owners in other countries have played in the Premier League or some serious questions regarding your ownership of the club will be asked.

No to Martinez.

Anyone who gets thumped 9-1 8-0 and 6-0 in a short space of a year is simply not good enough.

I really like Martinez but he's still learning his trade at a club with very low expectations where Premiership survival is there goal season after season. He's got a great chairman and a very good young exciting team but I think a hike to a club like Villa could be a backward step if it doesn't work, as his growing reputation could be ruined.

He should stay with Wigan for a few more seasons and I think Randy will go for a man with more experience. On the hand Everton took a huge risk with a rookie manager from Preston called David Moyes so you have to ask yourself whether or not the risk may pay ?

Still Moyes for me but I have to say I really like Martinez as a man and a manager.