Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

2 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

I'm still convinced he's coming back to become our Simeone.

He's a much more handsome man than Simeone.

I was once explaining to a very attractive Swedish girl, a long time ago, that I supported Aston Villa. She was obviously completely uninterested by this and didn't seem to have any idea what I was talking about. But then I mentioned Olof, and suddenly she visibly quivered.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Don't know what I'd use. I wasn't even imaginative to come up with a username.

Naming yourself after a surface-to-air missile system is pretty unique to be fair same.

How about this;

image.jpeg.41faea4bab9d512eaf05cf32cf7a0b05.jpeg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KentVillan said:

He's a much more handsome man than Simeone.

I was once explaining to a very attractive Swedish girl, a long time ago, that I supported Aston Villa. She was obviously completely uninterested by this and didn't seem to have any idea what I was talking about. But then I mentioned Olof, and suddenly she visibly quivered.

I know from personal experience, as I react the same when I see a photo of him, that this was an orgasm.

Reading this thread has made me realise that my avatar is altered from it's original, and for years I'd forgotten I did that.

I made the white bit of the heart yellow in homage to our new chinese owners.

That went well

• Like 1

What’s the busiest VT has ever been? VT users, guests and anonymous visitors, what’s the highest number the site reached? 

I remember there being a lot of guests when Veretout signed - possibly a fair few Leicester supporters checking out for any developments to inform their own pursuit of him (worked out well didn’t it, Jordan?).  

And do we ever have any anonymous visitors? I don’t make checking how many are online a regular habit, but I can’t remember ever seeing the number of anonymous visitors as anything other than zero.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

And do we ever have any anonymous visitors? I don’t make checking how many are online a regular habit, but I can’t remember ever seeing the number of anonymous visitors as anything other than zero.

What I find fascinating is people that have accounts for years (sometimes 15 years etc), are currently logged in, but never post. Or even like/laugh a post. I wonder if they ever get tempted? Why create an account but never post? You can just browse as a guest. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xela said:

What I find fascinating is people that have accounts for years (sometimes 15 years etc), are currently logged in, but never post. Or even like/laugh a post. I wonder if they ever get tempted? Why create an account but never post? You can just browse as a guest. 

There has to be some of those who don’t sign up or post that must be tempted. Reading through On Topic and having to restrain themselves from signing up so they point out why everyone is talking bollocks. 

• Like 1

On 18/05/2022 at 16:16, sharkyvilla said:

I've never changed mine from Robert Levon Been.  I can't remember when I chose it though as I reckon I went a few years after I joined without one as I had no idea how to do it.  It took me even longer to successfully put a picture into a post.

Hang on…I’ve been thinking that was you for over 10 years. I feel like I’ve been catfished.

2 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

What’s the busiest VT has ever been? VT users, guests and anonymous visitors, what’s the highest number the site reached? 

I remember the site imploded when O’Neill left. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I remember there being a lot of guests when Veretout signed - possibly a fair few Leicester supporters checking out for any developments to inform their own pursuit of him (worked out well didn’t it, Jordan?).  

Maybe when Barry nearly left for Plop?

• Like 1

If we’re talking when we couldn’t get on the site, I remember when Villa lost to Hull (I think), Lambert’s last game. I was only a guest at the time but it was the first time I’d been unable to access the site.

I genuinely remember thinking “Hmmm if I can’t load up VillaTalk, I think that’s Lambert’s fate sealed”.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, It's Your Round said:

Related to avatars, I’ve noticed that some members don’t have post count icons next to theirs.

For example @HKP90 and @AV82

Why is this?

And to the two posters, do you pine to one day be entitled Grandmaster? 

I can’t see anyone’s post count now and haven’t done for some time (viewing on my phone). Unless I go on their profile page of course.

But next to their username on one of their posts, nope.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

Related to avatars, I’ve noticed that some members don’t have post count icons next to theirs.

Why is this?

Dunno, maybe it's because of when I joined? I signed up in 2006, but lurked without posting much for a while.

3 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

Why is this?

52 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Dunno, maybe it's because of when I joined? I signed up in 2006, but lurked without posting much for a while.

I can see your post count, I am viewing on a tablet. 

How did the site cope with the Rashica fiasco in the summer of 2020? I remember looking at the thread and then again 20 minutes later and the page count had soared exponentially which was quite fitting considering what was happening at the time.

2 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I can’t see anyone’s post count now and haven’t done for some time (viewing on my phone). Unless I go on their profile page of course.

But next to their username on one of their posts, nope.

If it's phone, rotate so it's landscape. They are displayed for me. 

• Thanks 1

Â