Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

If low attention span internet channels like message boards, Facebook, Twitter, TikTok, online news, blogs, WhatsApp etc didn’t exist…

Would more people have much deeper knowledge of a narrower range of subjects? And would that be a good thing?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KentVillan said:

If low attention span internet channels like message boards, Facebook, Twitter, TikTok, online news, blogs, WhatsApp etc didn’t exist…

Would more people have much deeper knowledge of a narrower range of subjects? And would that be a good thing?

tenor.gif

• Confused 1

Just now, chrisp65 said:

It’s a risk you’ll always be running whilst you stick with dial up.

I swear I'm going to ditch Tiscali if they don't improve. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Why do people sit in their cars at drive-thru's for ages, when they could park up, go inside and get the food and be out of there in a couple of minutes?

I guess thats rhetorical, I know why. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Xela said:

Why do people sit in their cars at drive-thru's for ages, when they could park up, go inside and get the food and be out of there in a couple of minutes?

I guess thats rhetorical, I know why. 

Have you tried that since Deliveroo / Uber Eats / Just Eat started? The pavement outside the one by the office is now litered with illegally parked mopeds, inside most of them is a massive congregation of delivery drivers waiting for their orders

The Drive-Thru is the new going in

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Meath_Villan said:

Amber Heard......batshit crazy .....but you still would.....right 

Yes,  but I wouldn't talk to her and I would take her mobile 1st.

Her sister though,  what the **** happened with that. 

Apparently her sister hit her a lot,  what with a lump hammer and a shovel.

Both mental cases to be fair.

19 minutes ago, bickster said:

Have you tried that since Deliveroo / Uber Eats / Just Eat started? The pavement outside the one by the office is now litered with illegally parked mopeds, inside most of them is a massive congregation of delivery drivers waiting for their orders

Absolutely this . 

There's also hardly anybody taking orders at the till either. Walk in customers are now the lowest priority.

44 minutes ago, bickster said:

Never seen any at my closest (Bassett's Pole) but only been about 3 times in 12 months. It was just noticeable yesterday. Car park pretty much empty - huge queues at the drive thru. Walked in, straight to the till and served straight away.

I have seen loads of the Deliveroo drivers at the Tamworth one though. Makes me think that certain outlets can opt out? 

Edited by Xela

Just now, Xela said:

Never seen any at my closest (Bassett's Pole) but only been about 3 times in 12 months. It was just noticeable yesterday. Car park pretty much empty - huge queues at the drive thru. Walked in, straight to the till and served straight away.

I have seen loads of the Deliveroo drivers at the Tamworth one though. Makes me think that certain outlets can opt out? 

That's because Bassetts Pole is more of a pit stop. Nobody actually lives there .    

I walked into the one up the Yenton last week and I was waiting almost 15 minutes just for a coffee.

• Like 1

Just now, sidcow said:

Which is odd considering @Xela lives there.

tenor.gif

Probably one for the boring thread but never used any of those services! I've never used Uber, let alone Uber Eats!

I'm a bit of a luddite going by the paucity of apps on my phone. Two - Spotify and WhatsApp! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

Probably one for the boring thread but never used any of those services! I've never used Uber, let alone Uber Eats!

I'm a bit of a luddite going by the paucity of apps on my phone. Two - Spotify and WhatsApp! 

I've started using deliveroo recently because I've decided Burger King are better than McDonalds and the only one round these here parts is Solihull Centre which doesn't have any parking. 

2 hours ago, Xela said:

Yep, this is me. Never used any of these takeaway apps.

I can go one further and say I’ve never ordered any takeaway food that’s been delivered to my address or wherever I may be.

I’ve been in the company of someone who’s done the ordering and I’ve eaten some of what was delivered. One time I think, and that was a last resort at about 3am, maybe 15 years ago. 

Otherwise, I’ve always collected it or eaten in. The McDonald’s that my daughter gets me to take her to is fairly quiet, to the point where I’d say it’s almost pleasant. Almost. Compared to others, anyway.

• Like 1

@ all the scandinavians out there.

Have I just read this right?

As a kid, if you went round your friends houses to play, the family of the house you were invited to would eat, but NOT make you food? 

You'd sort of just.. sit around until the family had finished?! 

I know you guys are weirdo's generally, but holy shit batman, throw in a few extra nuggets for the visitors! 😮 

• Haha 3
  • Shocked 1

5 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

@ all the scandinavians out there.

Have I just read this right?

As a kid, if you went round your friends houses to play, the family of the house you were invited to would eat, but NOT make you food? 

You'd sort of just.. sit around until the family had finished?! 

I know you guys are weirdo's generally, but holy shit batman, throw in a few extra nuggets for the visitors! 😮 

What the **** is this? Depending on the answer I think Limpid may have to do a mass banning of all the Scands. 

Â