Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

I wonder what discussions have been taking place on Blues forums in recent days? 

Indeed any other football forum. Is this place unique? 

Edited by sidcow

On 10/05/2022 at 23:07, rjw63 said:

Why I didn't use the "ignore" function before. Its really handy 😂

I have about 8 or 9 VTers on ignore and its a good function to have.

My problem is that I sometimes give in and open up an ignored post from one of them.....get annoyed at the post and then at myself for unblocking in the first place. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mottaloo said:

I have about 8 or 9 VTers on ignore and its a good function to have.

My problem is that I sometimes give in and open up an ignored post from one of them.....get annoyed at the post and then at myself for unblocking in the first place. 

I've only got 4 so far.

Not a bad percentage of nobs on a site this size. Obviously the Mods would be there as well if possible.

spacer.png

Edited by rjw63
fat fingers = keeeeenan post-a-like
  • Haha 3

Only 1. Fairly tolerant then felt that as people sometimes only post for effect, time to close that down. By the same token I feel I am on at least 2 ignore lists. I can live with that. 

4 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Only 1. Fairly tolerant then felt that as people sometimes only post for effect, time to close that down. By the same token I feel I am on at least 2 ignore lists. I can live with that. 

Is that the bloke that hates country music? ;)

• Haha 1

Sometimes I wonder,how is it that you can get so many different faces when you take into account that.

The shape has to be basically similar

Must have 2 eyes

Must have 1 nose ( below and between the eyes )

Must have 1 mouth directly below the nose

Must have 2 ears ( one on each side )

Yet,with so many restrictions we all look different.

20 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Only one on mine (from On Topic). And he seems to have stopped posting. 

27 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

Sometimes I wonder,how is it that you can get so many different faces when you take into account that.

Must have 2 eyes

I wondered a related thing when I were a lad. How can you have so many different songs when we effectively just have 8 notes (ignoring different octaves where A == A, B == B etc).

Emphasis on 'when I were a lad'.

6 minutes ago, BOF said:

I wondered a related thing when I were a lad. How can you have so many different songs when we effectively just have 8 notes (ignoring different octaves where A == A, B == B etc).

Isn't this one of the reasons why music plagiarism law suits are difficult?  It's fairly logical for tunes to follow certain patterns and not hugely surprising that 2 people would come up with similar pieces of music.  I would add I know nothing about reading or writing music but I'm sure I've read this being a common defence. 

15 minutes ago, BOF said:

As im not into algebra,I havent a clue what you are talking about.Apart from only 8 octaves,I understand that part.

51 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

Must have 2 eyes

There's a fairly wide range of variation across each of those, and more beside, that combine to infinite diversity in looks.

Even just looking at eyes, the following (and more) will be different person to person and each with subtly affect looks

Eye shape

Eye alignment

Eye depth

Eye spacing

Eye protrusion

Eyelid shape

Eyelid drop

Size and shape of orbital socket

Eyebrow shape

Eyebrow density

Eye colour

Skin type

And so on.

Then repeat that for every 'region' of the face. Little things accumulate into big differences. And even so we still get 'dopplegangers' where someone will look close enough to another person that to varying degrees of inspection can pass as that person.

On 11/05/2022 at 15:36, Seat68 said:

Is Sean William Scott pissed off at Chris Pratt. He has essentially stolen his whole character. 

This is funny and good and accurate.  What does it say about present society and culture that a deliberately abrasive goon archetype is now leading man material?  Discuss!

I often wonder about all the actors that obviously worship Jack Nicholson.  It's hard to think of a performer who's so frequently channelled.  What does Jack make of all this?  Is he flattered?  Does it find it daft or embarrassing?  Has he ever appeared with one of his disciples and did he have to modify his performance accordingly?

Maybe there are other actors obviously 'doing' versions of their forebears, yet the lack of such an obvious cultural reference as Nicholson means they fly under the radar.  Is someone out there shamelessly aping Phillip Seymour Hoffman?  Donald Sutherland?  David Thewlis?

• Like 1

I was under the impression Seann William Scott's film career was largely over, or certainly on an involuntary hiatus.  From looking at IMDb it appears I'm right. Hasn't done a film in 3 years (4.0/10 belter called Already Gone) and before that it was largely voice acting in Ice Age and the odd TV slot that was paying the bills.

2 minutes ago, BOF said:

I was under the impression Seann William Scott's film career was largely over, or certainly on an involuntary hiatus.  From looking at IMDb it appears I'm right. Hasn't done a film in 3 years (4.0/10 belter called Already Gone) and before that it was largely voice acting in Ice Age and the odd TV slot that was paying the bills.

I thought the same, I saw a short clip of an interview the cast of American Pie had done on YouTube and thought his entire persona had been adopted by Chris Pratt. 

I haven’t seen much of Chris Pratt, but from what I have seen his persona comes over as a bit more “loveable doofus”. Whereas my takeaway with the persona of Sean William Scott is a bit more abrasive. In my head, I think of Pratt as a sort of action version Seth Rogen.

Some actors sort of occupy the same role in my mind. Michael Douglas and Harrison Ford are an example of that. I like both of them, and obviously I note their differences. But basically I could see one taking the other’s place in most of the stuff they’ve done and the end result being pretty much the same. They have a similar presence, I guess.

• Like 1

Â