Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

3 hours ago, sidcow said:

True.  OK let's set up a Strictly Come Dancing 2021 thread. 

Actually, that reminds me. I need to pay a visit to the things that piss you off thread. 

I feel exactly the same way about the wrestling thread.

• Like 1

This is actually something I often wonder, and periodically Google search to see if it has reared its head yet (it hasn't).

As a kid I remember a neighbour having a board game that we used to play. I can't remember exactly what the rules were, but basically the board was a grid (we'll say like a 10x10 or a 12x12 matrix) of monster's faces, all very similar but with different colour schemes. One could have blue nose, red eyes, green teeth, another would have green nose, blue eyes, red teeth etc etc. You dealt a card which gave you the correct colour combination to find, and the first person to find a monster on the board with the correct colour combination won that point.  The game, as I recall it was called Scorpilmostro. But I cannot for the life of me ever find reference to it and haev never seen it again.

What I wonder is, have I mis-remembered the name. Does anyone else remember a board game like it? I don't particularly like it or anything. It just does my head in that no-one seems to remember it. And no as far as I know this is not a fever dream.

33 minutes ago, BOF said:

This is actually is something I often wonder, and periodically Google search to see if it has reared its head yet (it hasn't).

As a kid I remember a neighbour having a board game that we used to play. I can't remember exactly what the rules were, but basically the board was a grid (we'll say like a 10x10 or a 12x12 matrix) of monster's faces, all very similar but with different colour schemes. One could have blue nose, red eyes, green teeth, another would have green nose, blue eyes, red teeth etc etc. You dealt a card which gave you the correct colour combination to find, and the first person to find a monster on the board with the correct colour combination won that point.  The game, as I recall it was called Scorpilmostro. But I cannot for the life of me ever find reference to it and haev never seen it again.

What I wonder is, have I mis-remembered the name. Does anyone else remember a board game like it? I don't particularly like it or anything. It just does my head in that no-one seems to remember it. And no as far as I know this is not a fever dream.

Were the monsters  hidden under some sort of covering device that you took turns to flip over?

19 minutes ago, bickster said:

Were the monsters  hidden under some sort of covering device that you took turns to flip over?

No they were in full view. It was just a dazzlingly colourful board which was part of the challenge.

55 minutes ago, BOF said:

This is actually something I often wonder, and periodically Google search to see if it has reared its head yet (it hasn't).

This does ring very very vague bells with me.  I couldn't even begin with a name for it though, maybe a mate had it or someone brought it in on the last day of school type thing. 

6 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

Whether a certain mustang driving Lego building poster is back or not. 

What makes you think that? 

What is the difference between a full English breakfast, a full Scottish breakfast, a full Welsh  or a full Irish breakfast. Most ingredients I would imagine are the same but each country calls it their own. Is it purely a geographic thing?

Just now, Follyfoot said:

What is the difference between a full English breakfast, a full Scottish breakfast, a full Welsh  or a full Irish breakfast. Most ingredients I would imagine are the same but each country calls it their own. Is it purely a geographic thing?

Scottish has flat sausages / white pudding / haggis

Welsh has Glamorgan Sausages

Irish has Soda Bread

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

Irish has Soda Bread

Thank you, the next question is which one is the best?

Someone should do a great British breakfast with elements of each maybe

I have suddenly become very hungry

Edited by Follyfoot

Just now, Follyfoot said:

Thank you, the next question is which one is the best?

English... 

But seriously mix them all up, same as always if you go cheap then it won't be anything special, get some proper stuff, for example for me personally haggis that is microwaved isn't as good as proper butchers black pudding but proper oven cooked haggis is miles better than £1 a pack supermarket black pudding 

I have to be in the mood for soda bread / potato cakes / farls, fan never get them as crispy as I want them but the wife loves them 

I could start another debate about the quality of sausages here... But I don't want the Richmond loving heathens coming out of the wood work

• Like 2

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

English... 

But seriously mix them all up, same as always if you go cheap then it won't be anything special, get some proper stuff, for example for me personally haggis that is microwaved isn't as good as proper butchers black pudding but proper oven cooked haggis is miles better than £1 a pack supermarket black pudding 

I have to be in the mood for soda bread / potato cakes / farls, fan never get them as crispy as I want them but the wife loves them 

I could start another debate about the quality of sausages here... But I don't want the Richmond loving heathens coming out of the wood work

Low quality sausages certainly do have a following on this site

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

The Scottish breakfast is the same as the English one they just  make the person eating the English breakfast pay for the Scottish one

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, bickster said:

Irish has Soda Bread

haggis on a breakfast is **** superb.

• Like 1

Irish has Soda Bread

Ahem, white pudding is a very key ingredient in a full Irish :)We do like a slice of brown bread for moppage though :thumb:

In fact, the general absence of white pudding from the English diet is a topic of consternation over here, and also amongst English people I introduce to white pudding.

• Like 3

Irish has Soda Bread

WTF?! What kind shame are you bestowing on your Welsh heritage here? A Welsh breakfast is defined by the cockles and laverbread...not a vegetarian sausage!!!!!

Edited by WhatAboutTheFinish
  • Haha 1

Â