Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

2 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

As we have quite a few posters from all over, I often wonder what posters actually sound like in real life and if their accents match what I'd imagine them to.

I'm sure this will be no suprise to anyone but I sound almost identical to Serge from Beverly Hills Cop. 

As we have quite a few posters from all over, I often wonder what posters actually sound like in real life and if their accents match what I'd imagine them to.

I sound like Latka Gravas

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Lots of clues in the accents thread. 

15 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

75% sound like Ozzy Osbourne and the rest like Noddy Holder. 

• Haha 3

Born in Kent , lived in Surrey for 44 years but they way some posters refer to me as a cockney shandy drinker I’d imagine people think I sound like Danny Dyer .

15 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

spacer.png

the clues were there but when I met @chrisp65 I was quite surprised at how Welsh he sounded to the point I was expecting the rest of the Treorchy Male Choir to turn up at anytime .

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

I was once accused of sounding brummie and swedish together.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

In the NFL you often see a team gain yardage,then the ref calls a penalty and the penalty is "declined".Which obviously means that they broke a rule but declined the penalty to keep the yardage.

So, what about when a team scores a touchdown or gains over 10 yards and are called back for,eg a false start.Why cant they just decline that penalty as well ?!  

42 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

In the NFL you often see a team gain yardage,then the ref calls a penalty and the penalty is "declined".Which obviously means that they broke a rule but declined the penalty to keep the yardage.

So, what about when a team scores a touchdown or gains over 10 yards and are called back for,eg a false start.Why cant they just decline that penalty as well ?!  

That's not how it works. 

If a team commits a foul they get a penalty.  The OPPOSITION can decide whether to enforce that penalty or decline it.  

As examples  

Team A runs the ball forward 20 yards but Team B committed a fould worth 10 yards.  Team A would decline the penalty.  

Team A runs the ball forward but commits a foul worth 10 yards while doing so.  But Team A also fumbles the ball.  Team B gains possession. Team B would decline the penalty.  

Edited by Mandy Lifeboats
Spelling mishsteaks

1 minute ago, Wainy316 said:

Why we’re always told that’s it’s unhealthy to eat late or close to bedtime.  Meanwhile Italians and Spanish people don’t eat until 9-10pm and tend to live longer. 

If I wake up in the middle of the night, the best thing to get me back to sleep is a snack

I was always told it'll give you nightmares if you eat late, certain foods definitely, I believe it too. I remember having a terrible night when I was a kid about 12, had 3 hotdogs just before going to bed. I can still remember the nightmare now, included the devil and ghosts😲

Â