Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

7 minutes ago, WhatAboutTheFinish said:

WTF?! What kind shame are you bestowing on your Welsh heritage here? A Welsh breakfast is defined by the cockles and laverbread...not a vegetarian sausage!!!!!

We always had Glamorgan sausages with ours!

6 minutes ago, bickster said:

Get yerself to the gravy thread, you absolute pervert

Yes I'm a bread racist

And your sausages are shit btw :lol:

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, bickster said:

Get yerself to the gravy thread, you absolute pervert

If you think I don't lurk in that thread using just my left hand then bless your cotton socks.

• Haha 2

If anyone wants some Glamorgan sausage, I’m yer man.

It’s absolutely **** lush.

To appease the other side of the argument, my missus is, right now as we speak, in Swansea Market ‘getting the cockles’.* As they say.

She loves the cockles, I’m more of a sausage man.

* there’s a whole other story here about worrying whether a full tank of petrol would be enough to go on an 80 mile round trip.

16 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

in Swansea Market ‘getting the cockles’.

It is THE place to go, always has been. Whenever I was dragged to Swansea by my parents, it was record shops and cockles from the market. White pepper and a small amount of malt vinegar

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bickster said:

It is THE place to go, always has been. Whenever I was dragged to Swansea by my parents, it was record shops and cockles from the market. White pepper and a small amount of malt vinegar

Yep, cockles and laverbread are still there in the pretty shitty city.

Record shops in Swansea, for some reason, are crazy over priced. I’m sure someone has gone all around Swansea adding a tenner to the price of everything. 

I bought something new in Cardiff yesterday for £14, absolutely not a chance there is any new record anywhere in Swansea under £25.

• Sad 1

29 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

To appease the other side of the argument, my missus is, right now as we speak, in Swansea Market ‘getting the cockles’.* As they say.

She loves the cockles, I’m more of a sausage man.

spacer.png

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

What do you consider a 'low quality sausage'?

insert kenneth.gif

Richmonds and walls are the worst offenders, lips and ass holes if you're lucky 

personally I'd go at least finest / the best / whatever sainsburys posher range is, normally about 2 packs for £5 in Morrisons with some variance in them 

Any cafe that gives you a chip shop style sausage should be avoided, cafes imo tend to use horrible sausages 

Cheap bacon you can get away with just about as long as you don't get the white stuff seap out of it, cheap sausage you can't, it'll ruin a breakfast

edit cos i googled it - 

See the source image

That to me is a typical bad cafe style sausage, also a dry looking piece of black pudding, beans are a bit wet for my liking and that tomato mess can get off the plate

its harder to do a good fry up than people think, bit like a roast, easy to get wrong, i would guess thats why foreigners never see the fuss

edit number 2 - 

See the source image

now thats a breakfast, just needs some more ingredients but what is there you can see the difference in quality

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

See the source image

now thats a breakfast, just needs some more ingredients but what is there you can see the difference in quality

I could just about manage by pushing the black pudding off the plate , but the beans have touched the egg  and the toast so I'd struggle big time to eat that one 

The Brucie bonus ,  when I order a fry up in a café and ask for no beans (or tomato or mushroom) is the waitress will usually give me extra sausage and bacon  instead  

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Maaaaan, beans are a huge huge part of a full English for me.  I'm with you on the mushrooms though.  They can get to ****.

Same, can't have a fry up with out beans, most of my fry ups actually start as beans on toast that I get greedy and start adding bits to

Got to cook them like the 2nd pic though, get rid of the juice

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

I could just about manage by pushing the black pudding off the plate , but the beans have touched the egg  and the toast so I'd struggle big time to eat that one 

The Brucie bonus ,  when I order a fry up in a café and ask for no beans (or tomato or mushroom) is the waitress will usually give me extra sausage and bacon  instead  

Why don't you just order a sausage, bacon and egg sandwich? Seems simpler and cheaper. 

8 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Same, can't have a fry up with out beans, most of my fry ups actually start as beans on toast that I get greedy and start adding bits to

Got to cook them like the 2nd pic though, get rid of the juice

I pour the excess juice straight down the drain before cooking them. Saves a good few minutes and means you don't have to burn them. 

• Like 1

Â