Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

4 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Why we’re always told that’s it’s unhealthy to eat late or close to bedtime.  Meanwhile Italians and Spanish people don’t eat until 9-10pm and tend to live longer. 

Depends what you eat really. I have a protein shake about an hour before bed each night but it's the nights I have some yoghurt/bread/banana or something just before bed that I sleep best. If I have a load of cheese or rice or something else quite heavy then I generally sleep poorly. 

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, PussEKatt said:

Apparently there are a lot of Indians living in the UK.Why is it that none of them play football ?not even in Bradford.

They do. The fact that so few have broken through to the pro leagues probably says as much about the clubs as it does the players. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PussEKatt said:

It probably is but I have watched the "Hero Indian League"(soccer ) and they seem to be pushing soccer now.

It takes a very long time for habits of watching to filter throguh to younger generations taking up playing, I guess, but even when it comes to spectating, it's noteworthy just how white the crowd is at VP, considering the demographics of Birmingham.

On 08/09/2021 at 16:07, HanoiVillan said:

About 3000 bites per year, roughly 500 hospitalisations, average of 1-2 deaths per year according to Google.

If you want to torture yourself, someone decided to make a Wikipedia list of all the deaths: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fatal_snake_bites_in_Australia

So you can enjoy this stuff:

snake.jpg

Nah I'm not having this. He didn't die of a snake bite. He died because he hit his head.

30 January 2020 Brown Snake Roger Taylor, 76yo male

Vale View, Queensland; Died in Princess Alexandra hospital several days after being bitten approximately 4 times by a Brown Snake while moving tree nets at his Vale View property. Initially unaware of severity, the victim drove approximately 30 minutes to Toowoomba to attend a gathering where he collapsed and hit his head.[109]

• Haha 2

On 10/10/2021 at 14:52, Wainy316 said:

Why we’re always told that’s it’s unhealthy to eat late or close to bedtime.  Meanwhile Italians and Spanish people don’t eat until 9-10pm and tend to live longer. 

I don't know why we're told it, but it's absolute nonsense

On 10/10/2021 at 16:28, foreveryoung said:

I was always told it'll give you nightmares if you eat late, certain foods definitely, I believe it too. I remember having a terrible night when I was a kid about 12, had 3 hotdogs just before going to bed. I can still remember the nightmare now, included the devil and ghosts😲

I was told once that a spoonful of honey before bed helped sleep. Not sure if it does or not, but bizarrely I find I get incredibly vivid dreams if I do that. Not bad dreams, just really clear ones I can remember later. Have no clue whatsoever why. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

it's noteworthy just how white the crowd is at VP, considering the demographics of Birmingham.

The demographics around VP in particular. I remember once walking down Bevington Road on the way to the match, and a young Asian lad (kicking a football around) asked me who was playing. I was surprised he could live so close to the ground and not know that on match day. So asked him if he was a Villa fan, and he said "Nah - Man U". 

3 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

The demographics around VP in particular. I remember once walking down Bevington Road on the way to the match, and a young Asian lad (kicking a football around) asked me who was playing. I was surprised he could live so close to the ground and not know that on match day. So asked him if he was a Villa fan, and he said "Nah - Man U". 

I hope you kicked his football over someone’s wall. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, PussEKatt said:

Apparently there are a lot of Indians living in the UK.Why is it that none of them play football ?not even in Bradford.

Edited by choffer
Not technically Indian as he was born in Wolverhampton but....
  • Like 1

How does bonfire night get off Scott free in the global warming issue.  

How many tons of totally unnecessary tons of co2 is going to be released into the atmosphere in the next few days? 

I've not seen any stories or reports questioning it's validity as we're trying to save the planet. 

6 hours ago, sidcow said:

How many tons of totally unnecessary tons of co2 is going to be released into the atmosphere in the next few days? 

I've not seen any stories or reports questioning it's validity as we're trying to save the planet. 

Catholics innit. Burn 'em for the Queen - gawd bless her madge.

11 hours ago, sidcow said:

a typical display  is less Co2 than a petrol car driving 80 miles  ,  so light up and enjoy yourself and try not to think of the damage all that soot is doing to your lungs 

• Like 1

When I hear or read about Catholic persecution my brain automatically does a kinda word association where I go from “Catholic” to “Pope” to “Popish Plot”. 

I then in turn, without fail, spend the next couple of seconds thinking “Now that was Titus Oates and not Titus Bramble…yeah, I’m 95% certain that’s right…”

What I wonder is how many other people momentarily have to differentiate between a reviled 17th century priest and the former Wigan Athletic centre half.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

When I hear or read about Catholic persecution my brain automatically does a kinda word association where I go from “Catholic” to “Pope” to “Popish Plot”. 

I then in turn, without fail, spend the next couple of seconds thinking “Now that was Titus Oates and not Titus Bramble…yeah, I’m 95% certain that’s right…”

What I wonder is how many other people momentarily have to differentiate between a reviled 17th century priest and the former Wigan Athletic centre half.

Honestly, it's on a daily basis for me.

• Haha 1

Â