Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

5 hours ago, BOF said:

Similarly, your head is subject to slightly less gravity than your feet by virtue of being further from the earth. Just not by any easily measurable amount.

tenor.gif

If the were true it would be IMPOSSIBLE to fall over. 😉

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Does absolutely anyone use the keyboard inut method where you swish your finger around the letters? 

Not me. I have enough trouble as it is with my spatulate fingertips, even with a 'big buttons' keyboard. 

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Does absolutely anyone use the keyboard inut method where you swish your finger around the letters? 

I've been using this since before it was a thing the main keyboards let you do, I just checked my emails for the first Swype beta, and it turns out I've been doing it since 2010. I think I'm a gesture typing hipster :) I find it much, much quicker than normal typing on a touchscreen, and I can use it without looking at the screen.

I still miss Swype, it was so much better than Google keyboard or Swiftkey.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

Yes.

It's quicker and less awkward than tapping on a touch screen for me. It does **** up on occasion, it ultimately is guessing at what you want to be typing at times and some words do not lend themselves to it (it'll mess up of/if a lot, weird/word etc due to the closeness of the letters), but on the whole it's a far better solution for using a touch screen keyboard for me.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

I've tried because it looks like it should be faster, but never got on with it

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sidcow said:

I do, but I don't like texting so every reply is short, border-lining rude.
If I do need to write a essay I've started going the horrible "talk to my phone" rout. I have to look around to make sure no one sees me though before I start. Google does a much better job typing than I do :(

5 hours ago, sidcow said:

Exclusively. Also most of the time on tablets when I don't have a stylus.

53 minutes ago, Tegis said:

I do, but I don't like texting so every reply is short, border-lining rude.
If I do need to write a essay I've started going the horrible "talk to my phone" rout. I have to look around to make sure no one sees me though before I start. Google does a much better job typing than I do :(

As soon as they get thought controlled dictation, I'm all in. 

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

As soon as they get thought controlled dictation, I'm all in. 

Yeah I can imagine how my thought-controlled input would go. Random tangents halfway through sentences. Extra words like 'boobs' and 'fanny' inexplicably dotted throughout the text. Awkward bouts of honesty like 'Jesus is this person actually this stupid'.

It'd be a nightmare.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, BOF said:

Yeah I can imagine how my thought-controlled input would go. Random tangents halfway through sentences. Extra words like 'boobs' and 'fanny' inexplicably dotted throughout the text. Awkward bouts of honesty like 'Jesus is this person actually this stupid'.

It'd be a nightmare.

@BOF earlier today

• Haha 2

Â