Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

On 07/10/2021 at 14:09, villa4europe said:

Richmonds and walls are the worst offenders, lips and ass holes if you're lucky 

personally I'd go at least finest / the best / whatever sainsburys posher range is, normally about 2 packs for £5 in Morrisons with some variance in them 

Any cafe that gives you a chip shop style sausage should be avoided, cafes imo tend to use horrible sausages 

Cheap bacon you can get away with just about as long as you don't get the white stuff seap out of it, cheap sausage you can't, it'll ruin a breakfast

edit cos i googled it - 

See the source image

That to me is a typical bad cafe style sausage, also a dry looking piece of black pudding, beans are a bit wet for my liking and that tomato mess can get off the plate

its harder to do a good fry up than people think, bit like a roast, easy to get wrong, i would guess thats why foreigners never see the fuss

edit number 2 - 

See the source image

now thats a breakfast, just needs some more ingredients but what is there you can see the difference in quality

No I am sorry the second one has gone wrong. You must, and repeat must, use the sausage as the breakwater between the hot egg and beans.

On 07/10/2021 at 13:55, chrisp65 said:

Yep, cockles and laverbread are still there in the pretty shitty city.

Record shops in Swansea, for some reason, are crazy over priced. I’m sure someone has gone all around Swansea adding a tenner to the price of everything. 

I bought something new in Cardiff yesterday for £14, absolutely not a chance there is any new record anywhere in Swansea under £25.

When I was at uni I was regularly dragged to more music in Swansea with my mates who had aspirations to be dj's. Long since closed I believe.

3 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

No I am sorry the second one has gone wrong. You must, and repeat must, use the sausage as the breakwater between the hot egg and beans.

Never bothered me to be honest but that's because I usually go scrambled anyway, especially if I'm in a cafe because they will burn the bottom of a fried egg

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:
19 hours ago, mottaloo said:

Clonakilty white pud is supreme ! One of those items that you're more likely to find in a random corner or farm shop over here. The farm shop in mere green sells it for about £4 a link

The GOAT black and white pudding.

Don't eat it anymore for obvious reasons, but when I did that was the absolute best. Fortunately it's everywhere in Ireland, especially in West Cork

2 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

Can confirm. Clonakilty is absolutely my favourite white pudding. Old man prefers the ones with less oatmeal in (e.g. Denny) but for me Clonakilty WP on toast is a breakfast in itself.

• Like 2

Meh I don't mind any of that. As I always say, it all ends up the same colour in the end.

The only thing is you don't get to fully enjoy both items for their own merits. But I've no actual problem with them all getting cosy on the plate.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

As we have quite a few posters from all over, I often wonder what posters actually sound like in real life and if their accents match what I'd imagine them to.

As you probably would have expected, I sound a lot like this guy:

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, il_serpente said:

As you probably would have expected, I sound a lot like this guy:

spacer.png

Good to know. I had you down as sounding more like this guy:

kaa-snake.gif

Speech impediment and all... 

:trollface:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, limpid said:

I sound like a dot matrix printer.

Bizarrely, that's not far off how I would imagine you to sound. Purely as I think the only thing I actually know about you is that you know a lot about IT and GDPR. 

2 hours ago, bickster said:

A runny egg yolk leaking into the bean juice is fry up heaven

The only, ONLY place runny egg yolk should soak into to is the piece of toast or fried bread.  In the absence of either, a hash brown will suffice. 

If you haven't got a piece of toast or fried bread or hash brown then you're not having a fry up so all bets are off. 

Â