Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

1 hour ago, il_serpente said:

Which VT posters have met each other outside of VT at matches or elsewhere?  Have any  participated in discussions/banter on VT and realized later that they already knew each other in real life?

Lol forum dwellers don't go outside.

2 hours ago, il_serpente said:

Which VT posters have met each other outside of VT at matches or elsewhere?  Have any  participated in discussions/banter on VT and realized later that they already knew each other in real life?

Lots and it happened the last time only two weeks ago which considering where it happened and how & where we met was very bizarre (and we did only realise 3 days later)

I think my total of VTers past and present is in the high 20's

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, bickster said:

Lots and it happened the last time only two weeks ago which considering where it happened and how & where we met was very bizarre (and we did only realise 3 days later)

I think my total of VTers past and present is in the high 20's

Must be cool when it happens.

3 hours ago, il_serpente said:

I have met the following:

@Stevo985 (he's my lover)

@villarule123 (he's my postman)

@lapal_fan's wife

@hogso (we sat next to each other at a game)

@turnbull (he's my uncle)

@JoshVilla (cousin)

There's probably more.

I think @8pints saw me once but I didn't see all 6'7 black-irish of him

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

I have met the following:

@Stevo985 (he's my lover)

@villarule123 (he's my postman)

@lapal_fan's wife

@hogso (we sat next to each other at a game)

@turnbull (he's my uncle)

@JoshVilla (cousin)

There's probably more.

I think @8pints saw me once but I didn't see all 6'7 black-irish of him

Does @lapal_fan know you "met" his wife?  I suppose as long as it was outside he wouldn't have a clue....

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, il_serpente said:

Does @lapal_fan know you "met" his wife?  I suppose as long as it was outside he wouldn't have a clue....

I've met her too, quite a few times.

I once met her twice in one night actually.

Edited by Stevo985

Lifeguards at swimming pools. Anyone on here ever been one? Im at my lads swimming lesson and theres 3 lifeguards just staring at the water. 2 are stationary and the other is walking back and for. 

Like what are they actually doing or thinking all day. I mean Im bored and ive been here 20 minutes.

How often do they actually need to do anything? 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, turvontour said:

Lifeguards at swimming pools. Anyone on here ever been one? Im at my lads swimming lesson and theres 3 lifeguards just staring at the water. 2 are stationary and the other is walking back and for. 

They should probably have loaned one to David Lloyd. :blush:

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, turvontour said:

Like what are they actually doing or thinking all day. I mean Im bored and ive been here 20 minutes.

How often do they actually need to do anything? 

Just built a leisure centre in warwick and was chatting to the manager there, the turnover of staff in the pool is ridiculously high for that reason, really boring job

Built one in perdiswell too that had cameras built in to the bottom of the pool that monitored body position and movement in the "dead zone" and set off alarms meaning they only need 1 lifeguard on duty

• Like 1

Â