Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

3 hours ago, turvontour said:

2) What is the point of winning £121 million, as opposed to say £5 million? Like why such a rediculously large amount?

I'd struggle with it if I'm honest and would give most of it away , which could cause repercussions and problems  in its own right on how you dish it out  ....so maybe instead of sharing it amongst friends and family I'd just start a charity foundation or something

I'd keep maybe £10m to £15m though , for a rainy day like

but ask me again when someone actually gives me the cheque for £121m  , I might not be quite so noble  :) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

This. I would love to win a couple of million for myself. If it was hundreds of millions, I wouldn't realistically be able to spend it. I'd give the vast majority to charity. 

Same. I'm a simple creature and if I won £100m I would still probably buy a used car! I'd buy a nice apartment and probably have a cook and cleaner but I wouldn't buy a Ferrari or a mansion. 

I'd have to buy a business or something otherwise i'd just end up like Howard Hughes was in his final years!

We had a thread on what we’d each do with £10 million didn’t we?

I think I said I would buy a holiday lodge in Scotland or Yorkshire, some nice spot. I’d also buy a pub and do it up. Maybe one of the ones around Villa Park too. 

Not really fussed about cars, but I’d buy a nice one.

Edit - I’d buy a top quality wallet so the VT fancy wallet club might consider letting me join :P

Edited by Shropshire Lad
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

I think I said I would buy a holiday lodge in Scotland or Yorkshire, some nice spot. I’d also buy a pub and do it up. Maybe one of the ones around Villa Park too. 

Then you could invest the rest into guns and class A drugs.  Make sure you never run out of cash.

15 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

I'd get 5m, put it in bags and just go around and give it people who I think deserve it.  How much depends on how nice I think they are.

That would be nice and fun.  

I'd love to see you wandering down the street with these bags of money, just before some mugger kicks you in the nads and runs off with the bags while you whimper on the floor.

Please lottery gods, make it happen.

Just now, Rob182 said:

I'd love to see you wandering down the street with these bags of money, just before some mugger kicks you in the nads and runs off with the bags while you whimper on the floor.

Please lottery gods, make it happen.

Wasn't it you that said "keep your fat boot out of it" last week, and have since posted nothing but moaning posts in threads?

As if I'd carry bags with "dosh" on them :lol: 

you've got baby brain already :lol: 

Please lottery gods, make me win. 

What's my general moaning got to do with that? :rolleyes:

I told you to keep your boot out because you went into a thread to basically tell people to stop speculating on what might happen, which is largely the point of the football parts of this forum. Whereas I'm just contributing to some good old fashioned @lapal_fan ribbing.

Edited by Rob182

Just now, Rob182 said:

What's my general moaning got to do with that? :rolleyes:

I told you to keep your boot out because you went into a thread to basically tell people to stop speculating on what might happen, which is largely the point of the football parts of this forum. Whereas I'm just contributing to some good old fashioned @lapal_fan ribbing.

cool story. 

I’d like enough for a home in the countryside plus a coastal property, a nice car and a prawn sandwich style private box at VP. Oh and a few luxury holidays a year. I don’t need the 100million or more but maybe 5-10 million. Tbh though, I’d be happy with £10k at the moment.

• Like 1

Just now, Nigel said:

I would like to add that if i won any money id share it with you all.......

Aw, thanks. Can I have an advance on mine now? 

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

Aw, thanks. Can I have an advance on mine now? 

Yes ...as you are the first to ask you can have ALL my winnings from the last month!

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Which thread is the oldest on the site that is still being populated.  I am going to go for the joke thread which was started in 2004. I am sure @limpid will tell me there is a search function to find that info out but intrigued.

Â