Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

17 hours ago, wazzap24 said:

I deal with any I see myself, by applying the '48hr rule'.

if it looks/smells like it's been dead for less than 48 hours, I bring it home for cooking.

If it looks older, I chuck the carcass on the local allotments. 

How does badger taste?

4 hours ago, il_serpente said:

wtf is is fly-tipping?  It's like you English have a different word for everything!

Dumping stuff illegally, down country lanes, back alleys, from old sofas to household waste to tradesman waste. 

• Thanks 1

Our council finally came to the conclusion that it was much more costly to pick up after all the "fly-tipping" than just taking care of all the household waste for free at the city recycling plant.

The only thing we have to pay for are asbestos based things and old tires still on the alloys.

• Like 1

On the way to work on the train a few days ago I saw piles and piles of rubbish at the sides of the tracks. I considered doing a good deed one day and taking a picker-upper and a binbag and cleaning it all up, then the rubbish continued all the way from Rowley to Birmingham, and I lost interest in the idea pretty sharpish.

Do our councils ever do clean-up jobs to sort these things? Or is it just viewed as too big a problem?

40 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

On the way to work on the train a few days ago I saw piles and piles of rubbish at the sides of the tracks. I considered doing a good deed one day and taking a picker-upper and a binbag and cleaning it all up, then the rubbish continued all the way from Rowley to Birmingham, and I lost interest in the idea pretty sharpish.

Do our councils ever do clean-up jobs to sort these things? Or is it just viewed as too big a problem?

I'd do it with you.  I've had a burning itch since my McDonald's car park debacle.  I'd love to go out for a few hours and see how easily it would be to fill a car worth of black bags.  Sadly, I don't think it would take too long. 

42 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

I've had a burning itch since my McDonald's car park debacle.

No good ever comes from a Grinder hook up in a Maccie's car park.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

I'd do it with you.  I've had a burning itch since my McDonald's car park debacle.  I'd love to go out for a few hours and see how easily it would be to fill a car worth of black bags.  Sadly, I don't think it would take too long. 

We’ll do it then :cheers:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rob182 said:

I'm not trying to go all 'bolitics', but if the council's budget is cut by 40% or whatever this is the type of thing that doesn't get done.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I'm not trying to go all 'bolitics', but if the council's budget is cut by 40% or whatever this is the type of thing that doesn't get done.

I don’t doubt you’re right, I was just wondering. The bulk of the garbage around the side of the tracks just looks like it would be a one-time (yet time consuming) job that would clean it up for a good while. It honestly looks like the result of years of people just throwing rubbish on the floor and it blowing its way into one big strip of shite.

Â