Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

2 hours ago, turvontour said:

What proportion of people are doing a job that they're actually good at, as opposed to just falling into it, or having wanted to do it, and getting it through want despite actually not being very good

Bit of both really. I never planned to end up in finance and if you asked me when I was 18 that I would do 10 years in financial sales and account management I would have laughed in your face.

As it happens I am good at it. Very good. This has led me to a comfortable life, although it has perhaps taken the desire away from me to look for something else more interesting. 

2 hours ago, Xela said:

Bit of both really. I never planned to end up in finance and if you asked me when I was 18 that I would do 10 years in financial sales and account management I would have laughed in your face.

As it happens I am good at it. Very good. This has led me to a comfortable life, although it has perhaps taken the desire away from me to look for something else more interesting. 

The-Wolf-of-Wall-Street.jpg

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I believe Kinnie outsells coke in Malta.

They certainly claim to be the 'most popular', but I can't find sales figures.

Careful...

Watched a show last night that stated around 1 million people commit suicide around the world every year. 

That’s ten Nou Camp Stadiums with every single seat filled and then just click your fingers and everyone disappears never to be seen again. Then do it again every year forever. Or everyone in the city of Birmingham including all the districts/towns/suburbs etc. All gone. Every year. 

It makes me sad and angry just thinking about that. An astonishing number. Never just stopped and thought about how tragic it really is. One single person is bad enough, that someone thought life was so bad that they wanted to kill themselves but 1,000,000 people doing that every single bloody year?! Heavy.

Edited by Ingram85
  • Sad 2

Apologies as it’s Villa related but it is something I always find myself wondering....

If I could retrospectively add a single Villa goal to a match to change the outcome, which one would I pick?

Obviously there would be loads to choose from, but I always find myself daydreaming about adding an extra, elusive Villa goal in the following matches -

March 1993 Man Utd 1 - 1 Villa

November 1994 Villa 2 - 1 Trabzonspor

March 1998 Villa 2 - 1 Atletico Madrid 

FA cup final 2000 Chelsea 1 - 0 Villa (and hope that we could win from there)

March 2009 Villa 2 - 2 Stoke

There are countless others, I’m sure. I just try to pick a game where one extra goal could have changed so much more than just the individual result (the Trabzonspor is a personal one, we wouldn’t have won the UEFA cup that year, it’s there because after the Inter Milan drama, the manner of going out bloody hurt).

21 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Apologies as it’s Villa related but it is something I always find myself wondering....

If I could retrospectively add a single Villa goal to a match to change the outcome, which one would I pick?

Obviously there would be loads to choose from, but I always find myself daydreaming about adding an extra, elusive Villa goal in the following matches -

March 1993 Man Utd 1 - 1 Villa

November 1994 Villa 2 - 1 Trabzonspor

March 1998 Villa 2 - 1 Atletico Madrid 

FA cup final 2000 Chelsea 1 - 0 Villa (and hope that we could win from there)

There are countless others, I’m sure. I just try to pick a game where one extra goal could have changed so much more than just the individual result (the Trabzonspor is a personal one, we wouldn’t have won the UEFA cup that year, it’s there because after the Inter Milan drama, the manner of going out bloody hurt).

15 March 1978 UEFA Cup quarter final, second leg, Barcelona 2 Aston Villa 1. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

I don’t know about ‘what if’ but memories have flooded back and i’m fuming again :bang::rant:

That and the Stern John Blues game are the 2 games i’ve left Villa Park in the most foul of moods. 

• Like 1

Â