Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

8 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Coke is a more overrated drink than champagne.  It's like fizzy marmite with a bagful of sugar thrown in.

And yet A.G Barr are forced to change the recipe of Irn-Bru that now tastes more like it's been made from rusty steel pipes laced in cat piss.

Coca Cola protected once again. Irn-Bru is the most succesful selling drink ahead of Coca Cola in Scotland.*

Sugar tax arseholes.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

5 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

And yet A.G Barr are forced to change the recipe of Irn-Bru that now tastes more like it's been made from rusty steel pipes laced in cat piss.

Coca Cola protected once again. Irn-Bru is the 2nd most succesful selling drink in the UK and perhaps the world, behind Coca Cola... or atleast was!

Sugar tax arseholes.

Are you Scotch? as it isn't even in the top 10

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

Are you Scotch? as it isn't even in the top 10

probably means after Coke, Coke Zero, Diet Coke, Sprite, Coke Cherry, Coke Half, Diet Coke Cherry, Coke Zero Cherry, Coke Blueberry, Dr Pepper, Diet Dr Pepper, Dr Pepper Zero, Fanta, Coke Flat, Coke Xtra Fizz, Fanta Zero, Sprite Chilli, Diet Coke Caffeine Free, Coke Vanilla, More Coke, Coke with Coke.

6 minutes ago, a m ole said:

probably means after Coke, Coke Zero, Diet Coke, Sprite, Coke Cherry, Coke Half, Diet Coke Cherry, Coke Zero Cherry, Coke Blueberry, Dr Pepper, Diet Dr Pepper, Dr Pepper Zero, Fanta, Coke Flat, Coke Xtra Fizz, Fanta Zero, Sprite Chilli, Diet Coke Caffeine Free, Coke Vanilla, More Coke, Coke with Coke.

Yep.. all them brands and they still cannot get close to Barr in Scotland - the only country Coca Cola are failing to dominate.

32 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Yep.. all them brands and they still cannot get close to Barr in Scotland - the only country Coca Cola are failing to dominate.

A myth I'm afraid.

There are other countries where Coca Cola aren't the dominant brand (obvious countries include Cuba and North Korea)

Plus Irn Bru and Coca Cola sales in Scotland are pretty even. Certainly "cannot get close" is an exaggeration.

14 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Coming down from the trees was the first mistake.

....”and some said that even the trees had been a bad move, and that no one should ever have left the oceans.”

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

A myth I'm afraid.

There are other countries where Coca Cola aren't the dominant brand (obvious countries include Cuba and North Korea)

Plus Irn Bru and Coca Cola 9sales in Scotland are pretty even. Certainly "cannot get close" is an exaggeration.

Cuba and North Korea don't allow Coca Cola or never used to as CC do not export to these 2 places.

Can you show me the comparison table of these even sales you state in Scotland of Irn-Bru vs Coca Coca - as they are not even at all. Irn Bru outsells Coca Cola in Scotland 2 to 1.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

17 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Cuba and North Korea don't allow Coca Cola or never used to as CC do not export to these 2 places.

Can you show me the comparison table of these even sales you state in Scotland of Irn-Bru vs Coca Coca - as they are not even at all. Irn Bru outsells Coca Cola in Scotland 2 to 1.

Really?

VT, home of "I really must have proof - of anything:crylaugh: 

A new low. 

Edited by lapal_fan

2 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Really?

VT, home of "I really must have proof - of anything:crylaugh: 

A new low. 

Excuse me?

Was it not you lecturing me about arrogant posts the other week there.  :rolleyes:

Edited by AvfcRigo82

25 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Yeah, exactly. But the original "fact" seems to have emerged from this map which includes countries like Cuba and North Korea

y0GhbsV.jpg

25 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

No I can't, they're quite hard to get hold of when you're having a quick google at work (ooo err). I didn't really expect you to take this news so hard and have to look for proof:D

But I can quote articles like this one from The Scotsman

Irn-Bru is around level with Coca-Cola in terms of sales in Scotland

or this from the Irn Bru Wiki

It has long been the most popular soft drink in Scotland, with Coca-Cola second, but competition between the two brands has brought their sales to roughly equal levels.

I'd be genuinely interested if you can show something that shows Irn Bru outsells Coca Cola by a ratio of 2:1

Edited by Stevo985

9 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah, exactly. But the original "fact" seems to have emerged from this map which includes countries like Cuba and North Korea

y0GhbsV.jpg

No I can't, they're quite hard to get hold of when you're having a quick google at work (ooo err). I didn't really expect you to take this news so hard and have to look for proof:D

But I can quote articles like this one from The Scotsman

or this from the Irn Bru Wiki

I'd be genuinely interested if you can show something that shows Irn Bru outsells Coca Cola by a ratio of 2:1

I don't need proof, I was asking you to back up your response.

Since your bordering Tom Foolery again we will leave it there.

4 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

ner ner, you're powerless to do anything so my reign of terror will continue :P 

I agree. Ultra powerful behind a keyboard.

Can't touch the protected we have learned. Enjoy your day.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

7 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Hang on.

You asked for him to back up his response.

He backed up his response with quotes.

How is that tomfoolery?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Eh? 

What tomfoolery? 

I was trying to give you exactly what you asked for. I'm lacking the hard sales figures, I'd actually be genuinely interested to see them. That's why I asked if you had them to back up your Irn Bru outsells Coca Cola by 2:1 claim.

• Like 1

Â