Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

However, in a scenario where a ref for whatever reason did not immediately send the player off and Wainy's scenario somehow plays out, the goal would stand because the player had not been sent off at that point, regardless of the referee's intention to do so.

On 10/03/2016 at 18:26, HanoiVillan said:

If Bristol Road is better or worse than Hagley Road for exiting the city at or near rush hour. 

Christ, its like being asked whether you want to be punched in the balls or kicked in the balls!

I'd say if you are leaving Brum then Bristol Road may be slightly better assuming no accidents/roadworks etc

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Christ, its like being asked whether you want to be punched in the balls or kicked in the balls!

I'd say if you are leaving Brum then Bristol Road may be slightly better assuming no accidents/roadworks etc

Having gone the Bristol Road way today, to answer this hypothetical question for real, it does indeed seem to be much better. 

Maybe this should be in the boring thread?

When you've parked up in the work car park, and someone you don't really know from another part of the office, gets out of their car at the same time, do you speed up or slow down, in order to avoid the awkward holding the door etiquette? One you get locking into that cycle, you're either going to have to keep thinking up new ways to say thanks, every door you go through, or run the risk of getting annoyed if someone doesn't say thanks, or even worse doesn't hold the door for you.

1 minute ago, dAVe80 said:

When you've parked up in the work car park, and someone you don't really know from another part of the office, gets out of their car at the same time, do you speed up or slow down, in order to avoid the awkward holding the door etiquette? One you get locking into that cycle, you're either going to have to keep thinking up new ways to say thanks, every door you go through, or run the risk of getting annoyed if someone doesn't say thanks, or even worse doesn't hold the door for you.

I don't care.  If they are more than 3 seconds wait away, let the door go.  Don't worry about how to say thanks through more than 1 door.  It doesn't matter as long as you do it.

My wonder thing;

Oh Useless, Oh Useless, wherefore art thou Useless?

Need you back because everyone else on here is a cyber bully.

1 minute ago, lapal_fan said:

I don't care.  If they are more than 3 seconds wait away, let the door go.  Don't worry about how to say thanks through more than 1 door.  It doesn't matter as long as you do it.

If you worked at my office, you'd be on my list.

If you are going through a series of doors with someone just say thanks the first time and then its implied for the rest of the journey. Possibly follow up with another cheers after the final door just to make sure etiquette has been followed. Easy.

• Like 3

It's about a 15 min walk to work from where I park car and there's one woman at work who parks there too. She's nice enough but we both seem to have a mutual understanding that we don't want to spend 15/30 minutes everyday making awkward conversation so we just pretend we don't see each other, walk at different speeds, cross the road at different points and generally be very ignorant and reserved.

This was all fine until one day I got back to my car and she was parked next to me with her bonnet up, car smoking. I had a quick choice to make but I decided not to see her, get in my car and drive off. Still feel a bit bad about that.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Paddywhack said:

It's about a 15 min walk to work from where I park car and there's one woman at work who parks there too. She's nice enough but we both seem to have a mutual understanding that we don't want to spend 15/30 minutes everyday making awkward conversation so we just pretend we don't see each other, walk at different speeds, cross the road at different points and generally be very ignorant and reserved.

Me, in 2009, having failed in that exact situation (from Google Earth, hence the blurred faces): 

Kp0FrqBear3DwYhQ2fWAdnFQPbZbf9PKpmvCNi26

• Like 1

I made the best of it. I knew all three of the women in that picture. I avoided the worst two and chose the youngest and best looking. 

Edited by mjmooney

1 minute ago, BOF said:

Damnit.  Google Earth pic not working for me.

It's the best photo ever. Mike has got his tallywacker out, and is beating his colleague around the head with it.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, dAVe80 said:

Act as if you've forgotten something and go back to your car.

• Like 2

Just start clucking like a chicken and do the actions (flapping arms and head jutting backwards and forwards). Chances are your colleague will quicken up his walk to avoid conversation, thus freeing you of any awkward moments together. 

Bristol Rd/Hagley Rd.

Hagley Rd for me, but then I go the back way from Moseley, up priory rd, round by botanical gardens and join Hagley Rd near Bearwood.

Bristol Rd goes through selly oak and Northfield. Reason enough to avoid it.

Â