Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

Caroline Flack is nice but I'm sure she's had some sort of plastic injected in her face recently that's put me off a bit, and you know within a few years she will look like a rubber duck, as once they start they just can't stop.  It pisses me off when women do that.

6 hours ago, Mic09 said:

if you had a cup of tea ta 90C and a bath of hot water at 90C which would cool quicker and why? And if you answer the bath, I am going to have a follow up question!

The cup is likely to have a larger surface area to volume ratio so would therefore cool quicker under the same external conditions.

6 hours ago, Mic09 said: if you had a cup of tea ta 90C and a bath of hot water at 90C which would cool quicker and why? And if you answer the bath, I am going to have a follow up question!

The cup is likely to have a larger surface area to volume ratio so would therefore cool quicker under the same external conditions.

What if it's a Sports Direct mug?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mic09 said:

if you had a cup of tea ta 90C and a bath of hot water at 90C which would cool quicker and why? And if you answer the bath, I am going to have a follow up question!

My bath. My bathroom's much colder than the rooms in which I'd drink my tea (convection). That's a guess.

6 minutes ago, snowychap said:

My bath. My bathroom's much colder than the rooms in which I'd drink my tea (convection). That's a guess.

I drink my tea in the bath. How would that change things?

Anyone (sometimes) wish a bad event gets worse, and then is weirdly disappointed when it doesn't? Like a level 4 hurricane that collapses into a tropical storm, or a snowfall forecast of 2 feet that only drops 8 inches. Or a riot that breaks up before it gets totally mental...

• Like 2

Anyone (sometimes) wish a bad event gets worse, and then is weirdly disappointed when it doesn't? Like a level 4 hurricane that collapses into a tropical storm, or a snowfall forecast of 2 feet that only drops 8 inches. Or a riot that breaks up before it gets totally mental...

Guilty, your honour. [emoji10]

9 hours ago, maqroll said:

Yes.. I'm tempted to elaborate but I better not.

Why every British higher up I've seen (admittedly not many) has the same boring London accent. Or what I like to call the BBC accent. What's up with that? Is there an element of elitism or something. It's like if every U.S. had a midwest accent, except even crazier than that because even within London there are so many accents. 

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Why every British higher up I've seen (admittedly not many) has the same boring London accent. Or what I like to call the BBC accent. What's up with that? Is there an element of elitism or something. It's like if every U.S. had a midwest accent, except even crazier than that because even within London there are so many accents. 

Most of them would have been taught to talk that way at public school. Received Pronounciation is considered the proper way to speak, amongst the elite. As such, it's very unusual to find someone talking with a regional accent, if they're from a privilaged background

Edited by dAVe80
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, dAVe80 said:

Most of them would have been taught to talk that way at public school. Received Pronounciation is concidered the proper way to speak, amongst the elite. As such, it's very unusual to find someone talking with a regional accent, if they're from a privilaged background

lol

• Like 2

Â