Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

Does anyone still buy magazines? I used to buy loads in my younger years but can't remember the last time I even set foot in a WHSmiths to a have a nose at them

Does anyone still buy magazines? I used to buy loads in my younger years but can't remember the last time I even set foot in a WHSmiths to a have a nose at them

Me. Not on a regular 'never miss an issue' basis, but I'll buy occasional copies of Prog, Record Collector, Guitarist, History Today, New Scientist, etc.

Only in the doctor's waiting room, where I pay indirectly, at hundreds of dollars per issue since this is in the States.

Edited by Plastic Man

Can a Lizard be a twin.

If they both come from the same egg, I think so.

Of course. I was thinking 'two eggs laid at the same' = 'twins', but of course it doesn't, they have to be from the same egg.

I get empire magazine delivered each month and will buy private eye every now and then

book wise I still prefer printed books but I've started but more and more e-books out of convieniance .. Takes no room in a suitcase and I can read in bed without turning a light on and annoying MrsH29

I used to get: FHM, Maxim, Q, Empire, Total Film, What Car plus various ad-hoc ones that caught my eye on certain months - T3, Stuff, GQ, Loaded, Max Power (!!), What Hi-Fi etc.

I reckon I used to spend £50 a month at least. Now, nothing. Don't even bother with e-magazine purchases

i used to get classic rock magazine and have a good collection of them but stopped buying it about 3 years ago. anyone remember the monthly villa magazine from about 1996 to 97? i used to buy the monthly cricket magazine back in the 90s as well. other than that it was just your normal footy mags, used to love putting all the posters up on my wall and that big league table marker where each week you would have to swap the teams into what position they were in each week. happy days.

Edited by Rugeley Villa
  • Like 1

The newsagent I go past on the way to work still has a fine selection of top shelf magazines. Who on earth buys them? I thought the advent of the internet would have rendered them superfluous 

Why are so many jews millionares, i have two jewish friends and they are both millionares (in swedish krones that is) and i know another 5 or 6 jews here in my town who are very rich.

And many football teams in england have jewish owners aswell, The jews are a tiny bit of the worlds population yet there are so many millionares among them.

Are they smarter then evrybody else?

• Sad 1

I've been buying mix mag (club culture music magazine) since 1992. Barely missed an issue. Went to buy this months but no free cd on the cover (download only) and it costs £4.99. I like the CDs to listen to in the car. Tbh I don't recognise all the djs / artists mentioned either so maybe it's time I gave up the ghost! 

I also recently signed up to 3 issues of runners world and men's health for £3. My wife recently informed me that they are still in the wrapper (they were delivered around a month ago!) 

Â