Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we have a sticky that says "Bookies odds mean jack shit" please?

Martin Jol was always the favourite for the Fulham job and he gets it.

Conversely, we've had about a dozen different favourites and it could end up being none of them.

Disappointing news on Jol i would have been happy with him.

Kendrick says we are interviewing two candidates with Premier League experience this week - looking more like straight race between Hughes and Mclaren now

I'd say more like Benetez vs Hughes.

Can't see what McClaren has done to be there ahead of Rafa.

I'm not sure if it is Hughes because I'm sure we can't interview him because he is still a Fulham employee. I do think its Benitez and maybe somebody else...

Interesting comments from Brad Friedel on TalkSport this morning. Basically said the following;

Villa have great fanbase but they do make their opinions clear and would be very difficult for any manager (ie. McLaren) to function if the crowd is against him right from the start.

Saw plenty enough of that last season sadly. But being massively miserable words removed seems to be a badge of pride for some

Only two things would stop me renewing my season ticket at villa.

The world coming to an end or Steve MugClaren being appointed manager.

Not much difference between the both tbh lost all appetite for international football when he was in charge of England i think the domestic game could quickly follow suit.

Rafa will be our next manager. If he believed in signing more then one striker, and his transfers were better and his last season at Liverpool didnt happen I'd be excited!

We could do alot worse than Rafa, and with the options shrinking by the day, I wouldn't be upset if we got him. He's on the right side of young (51), so he'll have time to build up hiw own side at here and has had success wherever he's gone (barring his last season at Liverplop). The only concerns I personally have, involve his history with the new board at Liverpool, and a similiar situation he got himself into at Valencia, he does like a good bust-up with boards. That is his downfall, and if Lerner and Faulkner aren't prepared to give him full control of footballing matters/transfers then they need to be looking elsewhere.

Interesting comments from Brad Friedel on TalkSport this morning. Basically said the following;

Villa have great fanbase but they do make their opinions clear and would be very difficult for any manager (ie. McLaren) to function if the crowd is against him right from the start.

Saw plenty enough of that last season sadly. But being massively miserable words removed seems to be a badge of pride for some

Its the nature of the beast these days and Villa fans aren't the only ones by a long way. Personally I dont bother with 'you dont know what you're doing' but at the prices they charge fans feel within their rights to voice an opinion.

I think I'm in the minority, but I don't see Rafa as a bad option at all.

He won CL after taking over a team that GH managed didn't he?

We might just win the league :lol:

well with kendrick saying lerner will interview 2 targets this week and i just hope its moyes and i dont even know for the other one as long as its not mclaren. surely randy can see none of us want mclaren but i bet the two candidates are rafa and mclaren unfortunately. a little bit different to last week when we were saying ancelotti, moyes, hughes, jol

I think we could interview Hughes, however he would not be allowed to take charge until July. I don't think it's him anyway. I do believe Rafa is one who'll be interviewed.

I'd say it wouldn't take much cash to get Fulham to release Hughes a couple of weeks early. Especially now they have their own manager.

Why bother continuing to pay Hughes' wages for the next few weeks?

FSW makes sense - as he is very similar to GH - and Randy must be thinking he could pick up GH'S work pretty quickly. More importantly he is the only one who has shown any enthusiam for the job(Easy option). Not much better than Houllier (if any) IMO

I think we could interview Hughes, however he would not be allowed to take charge until July. I don't think it's him anyway. I do believe Rafa is one who'll be interviewed.

I'd say it wouldn't take much cash to get Fulham to release Hughes a couple of weeks early. Especially now they have their own manager.

Why bother continuing to pay Hughes' wages for the next few weeks?

Exactly.