Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wonder if the Jol appointment changes anything with regards to the Mark Hughes situation ?

Surely them having a new manager would open the door for us if we did wish to speak to him.

Got some info,

Can't post it until 3am UK time due to embargo (some yank sports site has the exclusive). I will post it here at 3am.

Sleep well all.

Major ITK failage here methinks (he hasn't posted since} :mrgreen:

Got some info,

Can't post it until 3am UK time due to embargo (some yank sports site has the exclusive). I will post it here at 3am.

Sleep well all.

Major ITK failage here methinks (he hasn't posted since} :mrgreen:

Or more likely, he was playing with the gullable fools who believe anyone that says they are 'ITK'.

Am I the only one that's 99% certain it wont be McClaren? Randy's not stupid.

Only 99% have faith Mantis, our Chairman is not a idiot.

Not a chance McClaren will be appointed IMO.

Also agree. I just can't see McLaren being appointed.

On Betfair and such sites can you still offer odds on a new Villa manager , if so would spreading a rumour that Steve Mclown was getting the job and then take bets on him knowing full well he was not in the frame , maybe I just think everyones out for themselves. Just a thought whilst waiting for Nottingvillas exclusive !!!!!

going from a huge buzz of the possibility of ancelotti, rijkaard, deschamps, van gaal, hitzfeld to mmmok benitez and moyes down now to the bottom of the barrel in the likes of hughes, mcclaren, martinez, coyle?

**** hell, how are we sinking so low? im also amazed how many of our own fans think so little of our club and the position any new manager would find themselves in, that we should either gamble on an 'up and coming' manager like martinez or coyle or be happy with a manager who has done nothing in 11 years such as hughes who for some godly unknown reason, people still think is a young hungry up and coming manager, a man only 4 years younger than ancelotti? 11 years as a manager is hardly up and coming is it?

we are a club with 1/2 of the first team squad pretty much cleared out now with 4 or 5 needing a final shove to get off our wage bill then the whole first team squad will be the new persons choice.

we have a chairman willing to sensibly back the manager with signings as long as he plays them an doesnt sign average players on susperstar money

we are still one of thew top teams in england, no matter how much some fans seem to talk us down.

we have had a shit year and finished 9th hardly no coming back from this disaster, all we need is a top manager to keep the best of what we have and to attract some more top players in and then do the magic on the pitch.

getting in a top manager makes the signing of better players easier which gives the manager less to worry about and can concentrate more on the tactical and playing side of things, rather than have to worry that he needs to get in a decent player who wont come to the club because the manager is a bottom of the barrel type of manager, unless they get double wages.

at the moment i have a sinking feeling, one that getting a bottom of the barrel manager such as hughes would bring. it would be the sort of manager which would deflate both alot of fans and more importantly, the players.

trying to big an average at best manager such as mcclaren or hughes doesnt make them better than they actually have been throughout their careers.

that is why when we paid the money for darren bent, we knew the sort of thing it would 90% certain, bring.. goals.

it works the same in all kinds of job, including managers jobs.

get a successful manager and it SHOULD give far better chance of success than getting a poor or average manager

it is why we dont buy the 28 year old top scorer in the 2nd division and hope that they can step up 3 levels and be a success when we are short of goals, we buy a top forward who bangs them in from the off.

please Randy, dont **** us over with barrel scrapers otherwise expect a lot of disapointment off the pitch and also on the pitch the coming season

I dont think Hughes or McLaren have ever been in the frame for us.

Others I have spoken to have confirmed this.

People you spoken to, are they sources connected with Villa or just people you know ?

Lets hope it wasn't Ian Danter.

No, and you can suck my balls.

One reliable guy on another site (its not for me to say who) and one who doesn't go online. Both saying the same thing. No Hughes, no McLaren.

Neither know who it is that's being interviewed though.

They've wasted the best part of the whole morning on McLaren coming to us on talksport. Guess they know its going to get people to phone in as he is not wanted.

You'd have to say it would be nothing short of a disgrace if we end up with Mclaren during a time when Ancelotti, Jol, Hughes, Rijkaard, Klinnsman are/were available and managers with great potential such as Coyle, Lambert, Poyet would jump at the chance to manage Aston Villa and all are gettable. I also think Moyes is gettable if we really go for it and don't mind ruffling a few feathers and upsetting Everton.

Its just inconceivable given who we could get that we will end up with Mclaren. It won't happen.

In terms of left field with premiership experience:

Ranieri, Shearer, Venables, Souness, Pearce, Zola, Vialli, Strachan or really off piste George Graham.

I think Ranieri would be better than Benitez and much more fun.

Sorry if already posted only just come on but it's deffo NOT Martin Jol!

LINK: http://tinyurl.com/5sf237z

Martin Jol has been confirmed as Fulham’s new manager.

The 55-year-old former Tottenham boss has agreed an initial two-year contract at Craven Cottage with the option of a further 12 months.

The Dutchman replaces Mark Hughes, who resigned as Fulham manager last Thursday after one season at the helm.

Jol, who was sacked by Spurs in 2007, was linked with the Fulham role last year but Ajax refused to release him from his post as head coach at the Amsterdam ArenA.

He has been out of work since quitting the Dutch club last December and has now spoken of his excitement at returning to the Barclays Premier League.

“I am very happy to join Fulham Football Club, a wonderful traditional club,” he told www.fulhamfc.com.

“It is a club with good, solid foundations and a great fan base.

“I am looking forward to being part of the Fulham family and thank the chairman for the trust he’s shown in me.”

Well thats my second choice gone :cry:

Could be anyone now, even Klinsman or umbrella man.

Still want Lotti and Wilkins.

Ok we have no idea who will be next manager.

But is this a good news?

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/amateur-football/2011/06/07/aston-villa-will-take-their-time-finding-a-replacement-for-gerard-houllier-100252-28832299/

Of course it is not good to rush to much. But we can be last club in the line if we wait too long.

If you ask the managers who is best club in England. I doubt they will say Villa in top 6.

We need someone highly qualified and respected. Someone who can get us among the best.

If that is what we want.

Coyle, Lambert, Poyet would jump at the chance to manage Aston Villa and all are gettable.
How do you know this? Lambert just promoted Norwich so I can't see him leaving, Poyet's just promoted Brighton and would Coyle really leave Bolton at the moment?

Not that I'd want any of those anyway.