Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blimey... the radio stations this morning have been swamped with Villa fans protesting about McClaren. Nearly all of them saying if it is him then they won't renew their season tickets.

It's only speculation!! Talk about jumping the gun a bit.

I know I'm in the minority but I wouldn't mind Mclaren.

I'd get behind any manager right from the start though, its not going to do any good being on the managers back from the start is it?

I wouldn't worry about McClaren, It definitely won't be him. Not because I'm ITK, just because it's common sense. There is no way Lerner would be so stupid to appoint him and ignore all the negativity that has built up. It would literally be suicide.

two of my bosses at work today have a meeting at villa park - they advise on appointments, finance etc etc...unfort my firm is 100,000 employees strong but just seen a calendar document with a meeting with aston villa - interesting

Fans will be on McClarens back from the start. Friedel says that our fans are a bit difficult, well its simple Friedel, its about having someone to connect with the fans. McClaren is just an irritant little puppy, can just imagine him now, going on about what he's learned from Capello and Fergie.

I have a feeling that Randy has stuck to his guns from last year and gone all out for his two favourites in Moyes and Hughes. I think Moyes is 50/50 and will need a lot of persuading, hence why we’re interviewing Hughes too.

For all we know we probably said to Hughes that he would be under consideration but that we had other candidates to consider – so he went and quit before being tied up to Fulham in the belief that if we didn’t appoint him other positions would arise in the summer (Chelsea, Everton :P etc)

I wouldn't worry about McClaren, It definitely won't be him. Not because I'm ITK, just because it's common sense. There is no way Lerner would be so stupid to appoint him and ignore all the negativity that has built up. It would literally be suicide.

Thats my thoughts, Randy knows this is really his last chance to break the top 4 before the majority of fans get on his back, which is ridiculous I know, but we know what some of our fans are like. Appointing McClaren will just be suicide like you say. There'd be no coming back from it.

I know I'm in the minority but I wouldn't mind Mclaren.

I'd get behind any manager right from the start though, its not going to do any good being on the managers back from the start is it?

I think you're right but if McClaren loses a couples of games, the reaction will be appalling (worse than Houllier). They'd be mad to appoint him on that basis. We need someone to unite us and McClaren would have to get off to a Gregory-esque start to get tolerance.

Today it's looking like Rafa's. Tomorrow who will it be?

Benitez is looking the best candidate for me now, wouldn't be against him at all, but if Mclaren is appointed I'll cry! Like others have said it will be completely left field like Houllier I'd imagine. Hurry up Randy so we can get the summer transfers underway.

Is anyone else worried that if we do appoint Sparky he would just leave us after a lil while for something better. Seems like such a mercenary. Even though he is probably the best candidate out there at the moment he doesn't give me much confidence or makes me think he is loyal!

I have a feeling that Randy has stuck to his guns from last year and gone all out for his two favourites in Moyes and Hughes. I think Moyes is 50/50 and will need a lot of persuading, hence why we’re interviewing Hughes too.

For all we know we probably said to Hughes that he would be under consideration but that we had other candidates to consider – so he went and quit before being tied up to Fulham in the belief that if we didn’t appoint him other positions would arise in the summer (Chelsea, Everton :P etc)

I actually think the opposite. I think (within reason) Randy will choose the easy option - he just doesn't seem to have what it takes to prize a manager from another club.

I can tell you that La Stampa ... most definitely re hased a very old interview with Ancelotti and that the comments reported yesterday are not from a curent interview. Sky Sports News jumped on the story via thier Italian counterpart Sky Italia and there is nothing from either La Stampa or Sky Italia in todays copy ... surely if they'd had such an "exclusive" this would have run for a few more days ? yet the coverage in Italy has disappeared just as quickly as it arrived !