Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

I dont think Hughes or McLaren have ever been in the frame for us.

Others I have spoken to have confirmed this.

People you spoken to, are they sources connected with Villa or just people you know ?

Lets hope it wasn't Ian Danter.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I the only one that's 99% certain it wont be McClaren? Randy's not stupid.

No I'm 100% certain. I've put money on him not getting it.

I think for the most part Randy has made very intelligent decisions. Its plain for anybody to see that Mclarens appointment would be met with huge opposition from fans and Randy must know that is the last thing the club needs right now.

I think McClaren could do a good job out of what is turning out to be a poor choice list. McClaren is a players man and would have them onside from the start and has good sense of humour (see Dutch radio interview). The motivation for the man to succeed in the wake of the 'brolly' is huge, however if the consensus is so overwhelmingly against then it would be folly to appoint him.

Lerner will have to take a shot gun approach now and ask to speak to Moyes, Coyle and Martinez, with the hope of getting one of them. I take it that van Gaal and Rijkaard aren't on the radar.

Reliable sources on other forums are saying the same as Mazrim. Hughes and McLaren have never been in the frame!

I can relax now and let Randy take his time over it, knowing that its not going to be McLaren

On H&V there is a user called "MysteryMan" there.. surely it isn't the same one? why would he stop posting here? why is he suddenly posting there? sounds like someone is just making things up with the username..

Have to say it is somewhat startling that Fulham lose their manager with no warning really AFTER we lose ours with around 2 months pre warning & yet they have filled the vacancy whilst we are seemingly nowhere near!?

As mentioned Fulham needed a manager ASAP as their season is starting in less than a months time with their European preparation. Pretty sure if they weren't in there, they would have taken their time.

Also what does it say about CHELSEA!!!

Fulham get the manager they would've had instead of Hughes last year, shocking isn't it?

Its been 4 working days or something since Houllier left and supposedly we're interviewing today. Nowhere near?

Lets hope so hey Mazrim.. just there are also conflicting reports also saying we are going to take time as in weeks.. Lets hope the "interviewing today" rumours are correct.. Having said that i do trust the board to sort this out for the best so maybe panicking over nothing really... I guess with the compounding effect of last summers problems, the troubles all through last season & now this manager search yet again have made me somewhat concerned that it needs sorting rapido as we have one heck of a lot to sort out this summer.

Some terrible posts on here today..

Mclaren has won more trophies than Hughes, yes....the league cup and the dutch league, brilliant, maybe we should get Macleish then as he won the league cup this year!!!

Everton job no bigger than Fulham, come on, when did you start watching football, last season??

Mclaren's win rate at boro was 38.8% at Wolfsburg it was 23.8%.....just the guy we need ffs!

Reliable sources on other forums are saying the same as Mazrim. Hughes and McLaren have never been in the frame!

I can relax now and let Randy take his time over it, knowing that its not going to be McLaren

It's a disgrace if that's true. Just renewed my season ticket based on the exciting reports about Steve coming to villa. I would bitterly disappointed in the board if Steve doesn't come in.

On H&V there is a user called "MysteryMan" there.. surely it isn't the same one? why would he stop posting here? why is he suddenly posting there? sounds like someone is just making things up with the username..

I think no one knows anything and its all bullshit. We were made to believe through other forums that Ancelotti was going to be in Birmingham on Monday and etc... We all need to accept that no one knows anything and will not do for awhile!

Only 99% have faith Mantis, our Chairman is not a idiot.

Not a chance McClaren will be appointed IMO.

I can't see any reason why the Hughes deal couldn't have already been done. ok legally he can't do anything until July 1st, but whats that to stop anything? he can easily tell Randy his targets and let the board get on with it, no reason at all he can't take charge and start making changes without it all going public.

If nothing has happened by the weekend i think this is more likely than not the situation.

So that NottingVIlla didn't come up for the goods at 3am this morning then? Glad I didn't stay up for that shit. Fulham get their number 1 target, bet they chose not to keep Hughes on because they new he was available for free. Wouldn't surprise me.

It's a disgrace if that's true. Just renewed my season ticket based on the exciting reports about Steve coming to villa. I would bitterly disappointed in the board if Steve doesn't come in.

Steve.. Is that you?

Only 99% have faith Mantis, our Chairman is not a idiot.

Not a chance McClaren will be appointed IMO.

I had/have faith, but when you consider his last comittee drew up a list of candidates that were Houllier, Sven and Curbishley you don't start to have doubts about his appointing prowess

I'd love to know how much those 'headhunters' got paid to draw up that shortlist

I'd have done it for a 4 pack of Bonks'.

So that NottingVIlla didn't come up for the goods at 3am this morning then? Glad I didn't stay up for that shit. Fulham get their number 1 target, bet they chose not to keep Hughes on because they new he was available for free. Wouldn't surprise me.
I didn't stay up for it (left the page open though) and he didn't even have the courtesy to post a trollface! :evil:

Why rush the appointment? The players are on holiday, theres very little transfer activity and the only issue at the moment is the Ashley Young situation. Randy will have told Young who we are talking to, so it will be up to him if he wants to hang around and see what happens.