Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

Is anyone else worried that if we do appoint Sparky he would just leave us after a lil while for something better. Seems like such a mercenary. Even though he is probably the best candidate out there at the moment he doesn't give me much confidence or makes me think he is loyal!

Considering his agent is Kia Grabyourcashchian i wouldnt be surprised.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where do people get the information Moyes will come to us? Out of interest, i've just heard nothing like that & couldn't imagine him being disloyal to his merseyside faithful.

I'm still convinced we'll get Hughes, it just all makes total sense that we're 'Taking our time' whilst Hughes can't be approached until July 1st or whatever. I'd be really happy with him.

Ive gone past caring if im honest, its out of our hands and who ever it will turn out to be i have no doubt what so ever that it will not make everyonr happy.

Thats exactly how I'm starting to feel now...

Sorry if already posted only just come on but it's deffo NOT Martin Jol!

LINK: http://tinyurl.com/5sf237z

Martin Jol has been confirmed as Fulham’s new manager.

The 55-year-old former Tottenham boss has agreed an initial two-year contract at Craven Cottage with the option of a further 12 months.

The Dutchman replaces Mark Hughes, who resigned as Fulham manager last Thursday after one season at the helm.

Jol, who was sacked by Spurs in 2007, was linked with the Fulham role last year but Ajax refused to release him from his post as head coach at the Amsterdam ArenA.

He has been out of work since quitting the Dutch club last December and has now spoken of his excitement at returning to the Barclays Premier League.

“I am very happy to join Fulham Football Club, a wonderful traditional club,” he told www.fulhamfc.com.

“It is a club with good, solid foundations and a great fan base.

“I am looking forward to being part of the Fulham family and thank the chairman for the trust he’s shown in me.”

I actually think the opposite. I think (within reason) Randy will choose the easy option - he just doesn't seem to have what it takes to prize a manager from another club.

To be fair you can only really judge him on last summer when he had 5 days left before the start of the season to get someone in - most managers in a job would have been very very hard to prize away at that point and we couldn't afford the time to do it. I think Randy is far more ruthless than his public persona would suggest - at least I hope he is.

Is anyone else worried that if we do appoint Sparky he would just leave us after a lil while for something better. Seems like such a mercenary. Even though he is probably the best candidate out there at the moment he doesn't give me much confidence or makes me think he is loyal!

Considering his agent is Kia Grabyourcashchian i wouldnt be surprised.

Exactly, he just seems like he will walk away from us just as quickly as he did Fulham. Look at Moyes, people are saying he won't come here because he is loyal to Everton, I would just like someone like that.

After all this I'm gutted that GH has left!

Although it might be slightly pessimistic to say that the best we can hope for in the league is 7th place (i am aware with a decent manager and committed players it would be possible to over achieve but Utd, Chelsea, Man City, Arse, Spurs and Liverpool all have the resources to outmuscle us in the transfer market) i think its reasonable to be of that opinion.

We ain't gonna get top four any time soon unless Lerner sells so pushing for 5th is probably the most realistic target and a cheeky trophy a la Small Heath at the same time.

So which managers could get us there?

The answer is pretty much all of those that have been linked. Which is why im not really too bothered about whether its Benitez, Moyes, McClaren or Hughes. Each of them IMO are worthy of managing Aston Villa at this moment in time with our current resources, as was Houllier when he was appointed. They all have the experience and knowledge to push Aston Villa as far as we can go under Lerner and i'd welcome any of them here. Plus they all have a track record of getting the best out of players, a lot of the players being fairly average.

If i had to choose then it would be

1, Benitez (I couldn't stand the **** at Plop and he is a stubborn miserable arse. But he's a good

manager who can attract a player and who masterminded one of the greatest comebacks in

European history)

2. Moyes (He has done an unbelievable job at Everton with limited resources, honest and down to earth

and will get massive respect from the players.

3. Hughes (I like him, seems very calm under pressure, always handles himself well and gets the best out

footballing dickheads like Ireland and Bellamy)

4. McClaren (Last choice but certainly not a bad one.Tainted by 'that accent' but he has learnt from the

best and won a dutch championship and a trophy with Boro. As much as he is hated by some on here, he does have the footballing credentials to do a good job for us. Tactically i think he is very good.I am a bit concerned however with how much he bombed at Wolfsburg)

I believe that Hughes will get the Everton job once we sign up Moyes this week.

I said as much yesterday. Just a hunch.

Why would Hughes quit Fulham for Everton? Doesn't make sense, Everton have very little money and can't really kick on the way they should. Makes no sense to leave Fulham for Everton after his agents statement regarding ambition.

I believe that Hughes will get the Everton job once we sign up Moyes this week.

i also believe this is the case

I really hope so.

I was told that Moyes was at the Emirates when we played Arsenal drinking and dining with Mr Lerner...why would that be ??

Come on Moyes !!

Are you kidding me, Everton are a much bigger club than Fulham and I'd say it's on par with us. Only difference is we have Randy.

That is my opinion. I don't think given Everton's financial constraits at this time that hughes would quit Fulham for Everton.