Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thats another 1 of my top 3 gone. i think we have missed out on a really good manager there. how come fulham lose there manager after us and appoint theres before us. come on get a move on

Thats true but maybe he isn't on our shortlist of candidates because if he was he would have known and he would have at least waited to talk to us... Or he found out that Ancelotti is on our list and thought **** that!

Disappointing news on Jol i would have been happy with him.

Kendrick says we are interviewing two candidates with Premier League experience this week - looking more like straight race between Hughes and Mclaren now

Interesting comments from Brad Friedel on TalkSport this morning. Basically said the following;

Villa have great fanbase but they do make their opinions clear and would be very difficult for any manager (ie. McLaren) to function if the crowd is against him right from the start.

The club had a multitude of off-field problems last season, most of which he couldn't discuss on air but weren't directly attributable to Gerard Houllier. Went so far as to say "I thought I'd seen everything over the course of my career until last season when it seemed like there was something new every week..." Make of that what you will.

He believes it's too late to keep Ashley Young - that he's good enough for the top four and that's where he'll likely be.

Stewart Downing, however, he thought could very easily be persuaded to sign a new contract and isn't the type to be trying to engineer a move away. And if he doesn't sign a new contract, he'll just get on with things anyway.

Ultimately, not a great deal we didn't already know but interesting to hear someone who had been inside the club speaking quite candidly.

Kendrick says we are interviewing two candidates with Premier League experience this week - looking more like straight race between Hughes and Mclaren now

Knowing our luck, it will probably be Christian Gross and Joe Kinnear.

I'd say more like Benetez vs Hughes.

Can't see what McClaren has done to be there ahead of Rafa.

We'll see as i don't believe it's any of them two who he'll be interviewing.