Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

Hughes also played for Everton, they have a better squad than Fulham and also he see's a bargain too.

Doesn't scream ambition though does it? I don't know! I wish we had some idea of who it could be now...

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe that Hughes will get the Everton job once we sign up Moyes this week.

i also believe this is the case

That would be great but I fear the worst... Can't believe how many people seem to be coming round to the idea of Rafa B. GH had his faults and made his obvious f**kups but if it was between him staying on, Rafa or Steve M I'd want GH everytime. Hoping and praying we in talks with Moyes.

Wondering if Hughes sees Villa as a fallback option.

Ideally, he'd like the Chelsea job but Villa is still worth quitting Fulham for.

I'm not sure he'd quit Fulham for Everton though

Fans will be on McClarens back from the start. Friedel says that our fans are a bit difficult, well its simple Friedel, its about having someone to connect with the fans. McClaren is just an irritant little puppy, can just imagine him now, going on about what he's learned from Capello and Fergie.

He is right, our fans are difficult.

A few pages back someone said that would not get a season ticket based on the manager appointment.

So what if the manager they dont like so much turns out to be a success, they have based their view on the person before even giving them a chance.

Why do so many people rate Jol so highly to me his as average a manager as you can get i just dont see it.

Spurs played good football when he was manager and wasn't they 1 dodgy lasagna away from getting champions league football?

Honestly cannot see us appointing Schteve, the General always says that the board listens to the fans, and I dont think i've ever known such a huge majority of fans to be totally against a management appointment.

Ideally, I would love Moyes to take over. I think he could do wonders with us if he had some cash. Dont know if its been mentioned, but how about Grayson? Ex-Villa, did a great job at Blackpool and doing well with Leeds. Has no premiership experiance, but neither did John Gregory!

I'm basically clutching at straws here, hoping its anybody except McLaren.

I hope we don't get McClaren. I evn put a message to the General . This what I said

''General

Obviously, you cannot say who is possible for manager but would you be able and willing to tell us who is not possible ?

As soon as you are able to do so, if Steve McClaren is not in contentention for manager (I and MANY other fans hope he is not), PLEASE would you tell us ?

David Moyes or Carlo Ancelotti (if he ever decides to) would make our dreams come true for a bright future. I emailed PF about DM and CA.

Right now McClaren is a black cloud on the horizon, filling us with dread and nightmare scenarios.

PLEASE..NOT MCCLAREN...PLEASE TELL US IT WON'T BE HIM.''

Now I am wondering if I should email Paul Faulkner again ?

I dont think Hughes or McLaren have ever been in the frame for us.

Others I have spoken to have confirmed this.

Agreed! I also believe the Wally is ensuring his name is mentioned by releasing snippets that he wants the job. I remember when DOL walked, we had the likes of Bryan Robson/David Platt declaring an interest and i see Wally in that bracket.

Have to say it is somewhat startling that Fulham lose their manager with no warning really AFTER we lose ours with around 2 months pre warning & yet they have filled the vacancy whilst we are seemingly nowhere near!?

As mentioned Fulham needed a manager ASAP as their season is starting in less than a months time with their European preparation. Pretty sure if they weren't in there, they would have taken their time.

Also what does it say about CHELSEA!!!

I dont think Hughes or McLaren have ever been in the frame for us.

Others I have spoken to have confirmed this.

People you spoken to, are they sources connected with Villa or just people you know ?

I would say other 'ITK' from other websites ;-)