Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't vote for him but I suspect a few people would want Ancellotti on that list. And seeing as McLaren is high in the odds he should be added too.

Personally for me, it's Moyes, Hughes or Jol.

It's going to be Hughes, isn't it.

Can someone who's voted for him please sell him to me because I'm feeling totally underwhelmed by the prospect of him being our next manager.

I'll attempt to!

Hughes should be available for free so not effect our budget. He is a winner. Has experience with loads of money at Man City and also a shoestring at Fulham.

He could (although it doesn't always work like this) bring Ireland back into the fold and make him great again.

He might be able to get Given to join us.

He's young and can start a possible legacy. He saw a great manager work and you'd hope some of that rubbed off on him.

He's NOT the finished article but he has a lot going for him.

Bringing in Ancelotti with Wilkins as his number 2 would put out a huge signal of ambition and intent from Randy. I think that we'll end up with Mark Hughes though but I'd prefer Moyes to Hughes.

Ancelotti and Wilkins would be the best and most exciting appointment ever made by Villa. I hope Randy has the foresight and balls needed for this level of appointment but I have a dreaded fear that it will be a boring, play it safe type of appointment like Hughes, or Moyes.