dudevillaisnice

9 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Alternatively, as the commission ruled it didn't have any footballing advantage, maybe a 10% fine of the overspend and no point deduction.

Strangely, the commission ruled that a fine wouldn't be a suitable punishment because of the wealth of the owners - but seemed to hint that it meant Usmanov not Moshiri.

I think the punishment is fair, in that it appears to be tailored to the current league table and in real terms shouldn't have any significant effect on Everton's season - to me this looks like an 'agreed' process where both parties have given up things to come to this conclusion - I don't think there's any need for Everton to appeal it.

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think the punishment is fair, in that it appears to be tailored to the current league table and in real terms shouldn't have any significant effect on Everton's season - to me this looks like an 'agreed' process where both parties have given up things to come to this conclusion - I don't think there's any need for Everton to appeal it.

But if it's an agreed process, then Everton wouldn't appeal it at all. Their statement seemed shocked by it. Unless they are now having second thoughts based on fans reaction.

Also, surely the punishment should be irrelevant of where the team is in the table otherwise its just a fudge. Which it might be anyway.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

Yes if that was the case then 10 points is fair. 

Purely for the £19m overspend on an accounting technicality and ignoring the issues that  @OutByEaster? posted about (which the commission didn't rule on)... 

4 points seems fair. Someone posted about the PL discussing 1 point per £5m overspend which is a good standardised metric to deal with it.

Alternatively, as the commission ruled it didn't have any footballing advantage, maybe a 10% fine of the overspend and no point deduction.

Everton told the PL that a significant part of their attempt to meet FFP regulations was thwarted by not being able to sell valuable players during a pandemic. I find it surprising if the commission ruled there was no footballing advantage to keeping, playing and benefitting from the performance and points gained from those 'valuable' players.

I think Everton fans have every right to be angry about this. 

They dont deny they deserve the punishment, its the fact other teams seem to blatently get away with it for years. 

And that's also a big problem that the Premier has allowed city to win everything for years instead of nipping all this in the bud years ago. 

What a mess. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Adman said:

No footballing advantage?  How embarrassing 😂

We all thought Todd Boehly is an idiot, but he must be working on the same defence. "We're **** gash anyway lads, let's move on".

Everton finished 8th in 2018/19, then lost £430,000,000 to currently sit 14th (without points deduction) 😂.  

Aren't they literally the reason these rules exist to stop morons running their clubs into the ground?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Im sorry @Zatman but im not sure why you dont rate the job dyche is doing there.

They looked hopeless under lampard. They look far better now and unlucky to be behind vs utd !

Didnt they get smashed 3-0 today

No idea what praise he deserves. Bizarre

• Like 1

One win, one draw, and five defeats, just four points, their lowest ever points tally from the opening seven home games to a league season. Even if you were to give them their ten points back, they would still only have two more points than we had after the same amount of games last season, the kind of form that lead to Gerrard's sacking.

The bottom three being as bad as they have been making Everton and a few other teams look like they're doing better than they actually are, but in a normal season, the likes of Everton, Fulham, and Forest, and even Wolves and Palace with their current point totals would be periously close to the bottom three.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Im sorry @Zatman but im not sure why you dont rate the job dyche is doing there.

They looked hopeless under lampard. They look far better now and unlucky to be behind vs utd !

They are 19th mate

Â