dudevillaisnice

6 hours ago, MachoFantastico said:

Oh god, if Bielsa takes the job we'll have to hear what an amazing manager he is every damn game. The commentators had a real hard-on for him at Leeds and it got old fast. 

The media wankfest every time Leeds lost a game has definitely died down since he left, so yeah it'll definitely happen with Everton if he's their manager too.

Realistically, I can't see why Bielsa would take it. 

There are two different jobs on offer - there's the firefighting job; come in and manage Everton until the summer, try and keep us up and we'll give you a pile of money - there's a chance I guess that he might take that one, but absolutely every instance where he's been a manager has come with the idea that it takes time for his ideas to be implemented and that he needs the right players to make it work - if he's only going to be manager for 19 games, he's not going to be effective - it's also not going to be the most pleasant experience.

The other job, the long term rebuilding of Everton, doesn't work out for him either, on two counts. Firstly, because he's reached an age where it's not clear how long he has left as a manager. He'll be 68 this summer, does he want to spend his late 60's trying to dig Everton out of a hole? I'm sure he could find something sunnier and more fun. And secondly because Everton simply aren't stable enough to guarantee a platform for a longer period, who knows what will happen with the ownership, with the finance of a club that got a free pass with a warning for breaking FFP by a truly eye watering sum, with the status of a club in relegation trouble - I don't think Everton can offer that job in good faith right now.

He's a quality manager with a real standing in the game, but I'm struggling to see a job that's more wrong for him.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

He's a quality manager with a real standing in the game

8 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

spacer.png

You mean sitting I think. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Realistically, I can't see why Bielsa would take it. 

There are two different jobs on offer - there's the firefighting job; come in and manage Everton until the summer, try and keep us up and we'll give you a pile of money - there's a chance I guess that he might take that one, but absolutely every instance where he's been a manager has come with the idea that it takes time for his ideas to be implemented and that he needs the right players to make it work - if he's only going to be manager for 19 games, he's not going to be effective - it's also not going to be the most pleasant experience.

I believe he has never taken charge of a club midseason -- because of his style, he usually goes in right at the end of a season to get the squad up to speed for the following year. --heard that on a podcast recently

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MachoFantastico said:

Oh god, if Bielsa takes the job we'll have to hear what an amazing manager he is every damn game. The commentators had a real hard-on for him at Leeds and it got old fast. 

Funny if he helped send Leeds down 😂

The Everton-Leeds game will be the El Bucketo

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, NeilS said:

It seems the most logical appointment. Dyche won't get a bigger job at the moment, Everton have a battle on their hands so will need to grind out results. Dyche does seem the best fit at the moment.

Everton fans should be all over Dyche and I think he would be a very good fit.

For me, he did a fine job at Burnley for many years with what is a championship sized club and very limited resources. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Lochheads twin said:

Anthony Gordon- “He’s one of our own”. Everything that’s wrong with modern football, demonstrated in one steaming episode!

Treacherous, self-serving little tw*t!

shame Big Dunc was not employed to sort him out😂

Will sign for big money and disappear like Francis Jeffers or Jack Rodwell.

Newcastle already have a fast winger with no end product in Allan Saint Maxim.  Bizarre signing if it happens.

• Like 1

On 24/01/2023 at 23:09, villa4europe said:

Decent dive on him is about all I've seen

He's like the A typical young exciting PL winger just waiting to be found out before plummeting down the leagues in his late 20s

I think he might find himself there a lot sooner than late 20’s this has got classic lad that thinks he is better than he is, has he even played 40 games yet ? And in those games contributed much. 

Best case scenario - Bielsa takes over, they get run to the ground by his high intensity tactics, eventually get relegated and Mr Steve Bruce the promotion expert steps right up.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mic09 said:

Best case scenario - Bielsa takes over, they get run to the ground by his high intensity tactics, eventually get relegated and Mr Steve Bruce the promotion expert steps right up.

Perfect scenario,  just getting the idea over in a translated form will take a week or two,  then implementation,  tweaking and finding who can do the job/position.

They might not win another game hopefully.  That would be a deserved and perfect way down for them.

Bielsa needs to consider his position very carefully - he'll become the next Steve Bruce - a true yo-yo manager. In future for teams at the bottom it'll no longer be calls to bring in Bruce or Big Sam, it'll be bring in the bucket dweller. 

Think dyche is a safe pair of hands to keep them up. I predicted this as soon as lamps was flopping there.

Dyche wilk keep them up i think. He is experienced and can work on a small budget. Its a good fit i think. Just means more rugby football at goodison. Dont thonk the fans will like the football much

• Like 1

Must admit I quite like Dyche, he's a throwback; jumpers for goalposts, chips & curry sauce etc.

Everton have done well to get him, probably a year too late but surely he keeps them up now?

Edited by Zhan_Zhuang
  • Haha 1

Â