dudevillaisnice

On 28/01/2023 at 07:05, CVByrne said:

I found this a good watch. Gives some insights into a few things. It's clearly a very different 4 4 2 to what Emery plays. I couldn't help but think of Gerrard though, Dyche said at different points in it, he wanted to mix things up and not always try play 10 yard passes through opposition. He also said in the Premier League transition kills you. He also talks about giving players the chance to be the best they can and focus on their best attributes. All the opposite of Gerrard. 

But transition kills you in Premier League, it's so true. If we are loaded with pace. I really can't wait for Carlos to be back, he's outstanding at the long switch passes, so the RB position cross field to Moreno or Watkins is exciting. Konsa can't do this, Carlos was in the top 1% of CBs at this. 

Dyche is a much better coach than people give him credit for.  He played dull anti-football at Burnley because he had to with their shoestring budget, but hopefully he'll be given a bit more freedom to express himself with Everton in the Championship next season!  

So glad we got Emery and didn't go for Dyche this time around...

• Like 4

Leeds, Bournemouth, and Wolves all spending big, Everton in talks for Andre Ayew.

It might be that new signings don't help the other clubs and Dyche can make the difference with the players he already has, but can't be giving their fans the greatest confidence seeing the signings the other teams are making versus what they're doing.

It's not just that they haven't spent, other teams around them have strengthened significantly, I don't know if it's accurate but I read that Bournemouth and Southampton had spent £175m between them this window, either way both have been spending, especially Bournemouth, Leeds have signed some good players as well as have Wolves.

The four game spell after Arsenal and Liverpool is huge for them. Not that Dyche couldn't get a surprise result.

They have:-

Leeds (H)

Us (H)

Forest (A)

Brentford (H)

Leeds are very poor away so that's verging on must win already. We were till Unai came in, Brentford were poor too but now much tougher to beat on their travels since we smashed them. Forest again are very solid at home. 

Theres still half a season but if they don't get at least 2 wins from the next 6 they will start to drift away and the games get no easier.

• Like 1

Their attacking options are Dominic Calvert-Lewin, Demarai Gray, Andros Townsend, Neal Maupay, Ellis Simms, and Dwight McNeil.

Can see Dyche playing 442 with Maupay and Calvert-Lewin as the front two.

5 hours ago, VillaAlex said:

The four game spell after Arsenal and Liverpool is huge for them. Not that Dyche couldn't get a surprise result.

They have:-

Leeds (H)

Us (H)

Forest (A)

Brentford (H)

Leeds are very poor away so that's verging on must win already. We were till Unai came in, Brentford were poor too but now much tougher to beat on their travels since we smashed them. Forest again are very solid at home. 

Theres still half a season but if they don't get at least 2 wins from the next 6 they will start to drift away and the games get no easier.

Our record's been amazing against them since we came back up, think it's 5 wins in just 7 played.

1 hour ago, useless said:

Their attacking options are Dominic Calvert-Lewin, Demarai Gray, Andros Townsend, Neal Maupay, Ellis Simms, and Dwight McNeil.

Can see Dyche playing 442 with Maupay and Calvert-Lewin as the front two.

Iwobi will play out wide surely.

It's nowhere near enough especially if DCL chips a fingernail on another photoshoot and is out for three months.

I think Iwobi has been playing central midfield, but if Dyche is going to play his usual 442 then he will probably have to play out wide, or maybe some games have him behind the main striker. Needs to somehow get him, McNeil, Calvert-Lewin, and Maupay all at their best at the same time, but given they've all been out of form for a while, probably easier said than done.

• Like 1

Very, very much hoping they go down. After all the crowing when we dropped about now not being a PL ever-present, will love seeing the same for them.

Likely to be for a good spell as well, as they are as much of a basket case as we were in '16.

• Like 3

Â