dudevillaisnice

2 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Everton fans will be relieved with that - surely means they stay up. 

it's their best chance for sure. but who would be your 3 to go down then if they do? it's the most competitive for years

1 minute ago, MachoFantastico said:

I'd take Dyche over Bielsa. He might not keep them up this season but he could bring them back up. As for Bielsa, I think he's massively overrated and you want someone in whose going to stay for the long run (the good and the bad) Bielsa isn't that guy. 

I think thats also a good point. Dyche comes straight back up if they go down. Cant see it happening. Dyche is a good defensive manager.

Just a shame we never played them again unde rlamps. Be a tougher game now

Just now, tomav84 said:

it's their best chance for sure. but who would be your 3 to go down then if they do? it's the most competitive for years

For me two of the spots are already gone. Southampton and Bournemouth 

The other will be either everton forest  leeds 

I think west ham will turn it around very shortly. Dont think leicester will go down either they have too many good players

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

For me two of the spots are already gone. Southampton and Bournemouth 

The other will be either everton forest  leeds 

I think west ham will turn it around very shortly. Dont think leicester will go down either they have too many good players

are they?

well bournemouth are splashing the cash. they get zaniolo too then they have a chance.

southampton looked alright last week i thought. certainly didn't look like a team bottom of the league and barring a tight offside and a VAR call they'd have gotten a point or 3.

agree on west ham and leicester. leeds are in trouble IMO and agree forest are too. in fact i think both forest and leeds are going down with bournemouth

Everton are a club crying out for an experienced competent Chief Exec and/or Director of Football.  Their shortlist of managers is about as unimaginative and short sighted as it gets, and they keep making the same mistakes with managers and players.  Bielsa, who was on the way to taking Leeds down with his kamikaze approach, Hasenhuttl, who was on the way to taking Southamption down this season, and Dyche who was on the way to taking Burnley down when he was sacked.  Talk about uninspiring, and all with different approaches too.  Similar to us a few years ago, there's no sign of an overall plan, project or philosophy.  They need a bit of what the likes of Brighton are doing,  identifying  players and managers that will work for them in the longer term or have a lot of upside if they move on.   I suppose trying to get someone like De Zerbi would be too much of a gamble for them given the shit they are in, and maybe Dyche would be a good stop-gap to keep them up. But they really need to sort themselves out at Board level before they can get any better.    

• Like 1

Back to the “dogs of war” style at Goodson but it will give them a fighting chance. Dyche will get them organised and not accept any lack of effort. None of the clubs at the foot of the table are adrift so it will be a real scrap down there.

Thank goodness we have added that big bag of points recently!

I wonder if he might, in time, surprise people a little in terms of playing style. I don't think he's militantly obsessive about defensive football, just that he (probably correctly) thought it was the percentage choice for a club with massively lower resources than its rivals. 

Anyway, for now the situation kind of necessitates the backs-against-the-wall-lads stuff. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

are they?

well bournemouth are splashing the cash. they get zaniolo too then they have a chance.

southampton looked alright last week i thought. certainly didn't look like a team bottom of the league and barring a tight offside and a VAR call they'd have gotten a point or 3.

agree on west ham and leicester. leeds are in trouble IMO and agree forest are too. in fact i think both forest and leeds are going down with bournemouth

Nathan jones is a poor premier league level manager for me he doesnt have enough or the experience to keep them up.

As for Bournemouth the managers also poor. I expect these two to go down agrad of the others

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Nathan jones is a poor premier league level manager for me he doesnt have enough or the experience to keep them up.

As for Bournemouth the managers also poor. I expect these two to go down agrad of the others

they are among the bookies favourites for a reason, but southampton have at least shown something over the last few weeks to indicate that they're not down and out yet.

Everton are lucky they havent been cut adrift. They’ve been dogsquirt all season really; Lost to all their rivals in recent weeks (Bournemouth, Wolves, Soton & West Ham) yet are only 1 win away from safety. It just shows how awful you have to be to actually go down.

Ive seen many people compare them to our doomed season, but we were rock bottom and well adrift pretty much the whole season with no chance, we’d accepted our fate months before it was official. They at least have a fighting chance to avoid it now, but I really hope they dont seize it; its their time now.

Imagine if Everton sacked Lampard earlier and hired Emery and we hired Dyche. I don’t care how surprised people might be by his style of play, he hasn't won nearly enough europa leagues. I'd be sick with jealousy. Poor Everton

6 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Ive seen many people compare them to our doomed season, but we were rock bottom and well adrift pretty much the whole season with no chance, we’d accepted our fate months before it was official. They at least have a fighting chance to avoid it now, but I really hope they dont seize it; its their time now.

I hadn't and I was roundly mocked for it. My point was consistently that all we needed was to go on a run of actual form and we might be safe. Like a four game winning run like how teams do when they get a new manager. Unfortunately all our new managers were absolutely dreadful and the players were a toxic bunch of words removed, so it didn't happen. But it could have. If things were different. And just because it didn't doesn't mean I'm wrong. So i think I'm owed an apology

Â