Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

have we completely ruled out the theory that we owe Sunderland money if he plays a few more games for us?

its all over Twitter that we owe them 7 million if he plays again

similar to the Beckford and Leicester situation

Sure Randy wouldn't want to hand MON £7m in potential transfer funds.... ;)

The thing is, Bent isn't fancied by Lambert so why pay the £7m to Sunderland just to keep him here?

I partially blame Bent for this, attitude and work rate seem to go a long way with our current manager. Admittedly, I don't see what goes on in our training sessions but Lambert must have seen something (or lack of something) from Bent to take him out of his plans.

Was watching the extended highlights of our game against Swansea earlier this season when Darren started up front with Andi. And I must say, the notion that he doesn't do much in a game but score (if that) is a bit unfounded and unfair. He worked his socks off in that game linking up with Andi and subsequently Benteke when he came on. He got the assist for Christian's goal, and should have got another if Benteke didn't miss his sitter. I think he can still do a job for us and can yet be a valuable asset to our squad. With him and Benteke getting ~15 goals each and Andi probably being able to bag about ~10, we would have an excellent return from our strikeforce. Our problem is scoring goals, and Darren is our best source of that.

And you're sure he'd provide more for the team than Weimann? Because I'm not.

Hence why he has not been playing.

Bent is our best goal scorer however, his overall work rate doesn't suit a relegation fight imo.

If we were mid table without too much of a worry he would be playing more.

Our problem is scoring goals, and Darren is our best source of that.

I'd argue our problem is in the midfield. I think Benteke and Weimann would score even more with a decent midfield behind them (or at least recieve a lot more in a game). The defence at the moment is currently a shambles as well. In fact, if we didn't sell Bent I'd argue we are absolutely fine up front.

I know the talk about Bent going has been around ages ages but, bloody hell:-

1. He is a top,top quality striker to have in our squad.

2. We can obviously afford his wages, otherwise we wouldn't have bought him in the first place

3. We can afford any oustanding fees otherwise we wouldn't have bought him in the first place.

The fact that we are talking about selling him is absolute madness.

Play to his strengths, and just bloody play him !!

"Well it would be a waste of money if he isn't part of the managers plans"

To be honest though Rich if bents goals keep us like last season, then 3m-7m is a snip to the 40m we would lose to getting relegated. lambert should try formulate a system that fits Benteke and Bent. If we can get a strong defence and a defent CM governor I can see both of them scoring shed loads of golas together

Â