Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

the reason he scored his goal today:

A through ball

played by Nzogbia, thats what he thrives off! We need to do more of those types of balls when we play Bent. hopefully the goal will give him some confidence.

If we play Bent, he scores. When Villa score, we have a better chance of winning. And we have had a hard time scoring.

Not rocket science. I just don't see the logic of not playing our best player. Any argument that he doesn't offer anything and we play better without him is rubbish cos look where we are in the league.

Well if hes shaken off his injury niggles hopefully this can be the start of return to the squad for the second half of the season. Reckon he may start with Benteke on tuesday

I'm sure he will. He's very 'Martin O'Neill' like that. I will stick with Lambert for now but I really wish he wouldn't force our best player out of the club and stick with a system that isn't working

I love DB, he scores goals, is a pro about things, and seems a really decent bloke.

But if the rumours of the 6m clause are true (and his lack of PL games points very much towards this), then I honestly think we might do better to sell him.

If you consider that we'd get, let's say conservatively, 8m for him, and we add that to the 6m, it makes a difference of 14m. He is on high wages, is uncomfortably close to 30, and in all honesty he isn't the hard-working player that Lambert (rightly imo) prefers.

If the scouts are able to keep up their fine record so far, we'll be able to afford two more Bentekes, have younger players, and have some decent change out of the wage bill.

All this is, of course, on the basis that the 6m clause is true, but if it is I think we should sell, and I hope not too many toys are thrown out of the cot because of it.

If he persists with it, Lambert's failure even to try to get a Bent/Benteke partnership going will be one of the biggest mysteries in the history of our club.

i think that is a way over the top reaction

That is a definite and I think you will see Weimann down the left and Gabby down the right as Lambert loves their work rate.

Ah yes that combination that has got us barely any goals this season. You are probably right though, I imagine we will be back to that

I love DB, he scores goals, is a pro about things, and seems a really decent bloke.

But if the rumours of the 6m clause are true (and his lack of PL games points very much towards this), then I honestly think we might do better to sell him.

If you consider that we'd get, let's say conservatively, 8m for him, and we add that to the 6m, it makes a difference of 14m. He is on high wages, is uncomfortably close to 30, and in all honesty he isn't the hard-working player that Lambert (rightly imo) prefers.

If the scouts are able to keep up their fine record so far, we'll be able to afford two more Bentekes, have younger players, and have some decent change out of the wage bill.

All this is, of course, on the basis that the 6m clause is true, but if it is I think we should sell, and I hope not too many toys are thrown out of the cot because of it.

Or we get another 4 years out of him and the extra 6 mil will be repaid by his goals. I really can't support the idea of selling him. 2 very important home games this month and he could be the difference. I like Weimann, his effort alone would be great to bring on in matches.

Or we get another 4 years out of him and the extra 6 mil will be repaid by his goals. I really can't support the idea of selling him. 2 very important home games this month and he could be the difference. I like Weimann, his effort alone would be great to bring on in matches.

Well hopefully the 6 million rumour is nonsense anyway.

If he persists with it, Lambert's failure even to try to get a Bent/Benteke partnership going will be one of the biggest mysteries in the history of our club.

Oughtn't we to assume that things have been tried in training - PL isn't an idiot and would surely love to have a great partnership if he could.

would you not think that if the 50 league game = a further £6 million was true aston villa wouldnt have already ringed that money off?

bent is 28, not exactly old for a footballer and selling him for pretty much the same we paid for benteke in the hope we sign 2 more 'bentekes' with the 8 million?

i would rather enjoy his goals and see us winning games rather than see us getting hammered each week and putting in the effort by running around a lot but not actually doing anything

If we bolster midfield a bit do you think we could play a 4-3-3 with Bent spearheading a front three with Weimann and Benteke? I guess we'd need a midfield powerhouse like David Luiz to provide the protection between midfield and defense, it could allow us to utilise N'Zogbia in the attacking midfield role as he seems to like it there.. I don't know though, I think this is why I'd never be a football manager as I'd be too busy trying to keep everyone happy, I don't want Benteke or Weimann benched just so Bent can play..

Â