Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

To be fair it does make sense. Bent is a top striker but we dont have the defence or midfield to have a striker like that in our team. We need Bentekes strength and hold up play and we need Weimanns industry and finishing. Bent brings only finishing. Our strikers have scored a fair amount of goals already. Not great but not terrible. Yet our midfield has been lacking in creativity and goals and our defence is well terrible. If Bent is still here playing and our team is better with new additions then great. However, we do have Weimann and Benteke playing out of their skins so Bent will have to work for his shirt.

And if one of them gets injured?

And if one of them gets injured?

Of goes through a bad patch? Or needs a rest?

And maybe knowing Darren Bent is on the bench is the kind of competition for places that every club needs.

We need to improve in other areas, selling bent to fund that should not have to happen.

Oughtn't we to assume that things have been tried in training - PL isn't an idiot and would surely love to have a great partnership if he could.

well it just doesn't have that feel to it. If he really wanted a great parnership, perhaps he should have had them playing together on the pitch for more than a few minutes. It takes time for things to click between players, as it did with Benteke and Weimann. Edited by briny_ear

Bent, Benteke, Agbonlahor and Weimann is the best unit we've had since Yorke, Savo, Stan.

I'll be literally gutted if Bent leaves.

We need to add to this kind of quality in other areas.

A defence of Lowton, Vlaar and Bennett could be good if we had one more quality centre half.

It's the midfield that needs looking at desperately. I think Westwood needs a blood and thunder, crunching, effective partner in there with him. Holman and N'zogbia I believe are decent options but we need some top quality creative wide players.

I like goals, for us. So thanks for that Darren.

I think the manager made absolutely the right call by pairing Benteke and Weimann together. The proof of that pudding is in it's eating and it tastes bloody lovely.

Yeah, the lowest goals per game in our entire history certainly does taste bloody lovely. Let's have it all season!

Of goes through a bad patch? Or needs a rest?

And maybe knowing Darren Bent is on the bench is the kind of competition for places that every club needs.

We need to improve in other areas, selling bent to fund that should not have to happen.

I agree. As lambert stated a few months ago what's the point in continuing to sell your best players?

I agree. As lambert stated a few months ago what's the point in continuing to sell your best players?

That's the thing though he is not selling the one's he see's as his best though is he?

Benteke signed 7m.. why sell him the season after? Even if we got offered 30m it defeats the object of what he is trying to build and achieve here is proberly along the lines of what he means.

A few of Bents tweets today:

Darren Bent@DarrenBent

Nice to get back out there yesterday after a frustrating period, thanks for all the support, extra special to get back against Ipswich town

Darren Bent@DarrenBent

A club i owe so much to and that I will never forget.and hope to see them back where they belong in the premier league

Darren Bent@DarrenBent

Roll on Tuesday, I know the avfc fans will be there in force

I do wonder if PL had absolutely no intention of selling DB, and everything that has happened in the last few months has been done to light a fire under him?

DB looked pretty lively in the cup game at Norwich before doing his hamstring, perhaps he was being brought back into the team then?

An on-form Darren Bent can only be good for us, especially when we're sat one point off the drop-zone!

The other issue with Bent is seemingly the only clubs in for him are Fulham and QPR both teams near us in league be madness to strengthen them.

Cant see WHU interested as they loaned 2 strikers this week.Liverpool play 4-3-3 Sturridge looks like be playing uptop with Suraez and Sterling supporting so he would go there to be on bench.

This talk of extra payments to Sunderland supposing it is true could it be given our situation Randy as accepted paying it to keep us up..

I think Lambert will keep him until summer unless he can sell him to someone else than other relegation battlers and can get replacement because he is still great finisher and with him we have four different kind of strikers; him, Benteke, Weimann and Gabby.

Our 4 strikers have scored 24 goals in all competitions this season. If by the end of the season they have bagged 40 then you'd be happy with that considering the injuries. It's great to have the options up front who'd do their job over the season. We need goals from other areas of the pitch too. I'd expect another 20 from other areas of the pitch but we're not going to get that which is a big problem.

Maybe the fact that PL selected him and therefore cup tied him is an indication he will stay with us for the remainder of the season as it will have reduced his value?

You mean that cup which no one takes seriously until their fringe players get them to the semis or quarters depending on the size of the club.

I really wouldn't use the fact that he's cuptied as an indication of whether or not he will be sold this month.

Hopefully whatever problem PL had with Bent has been resolved as he has started both the last games he has been fit for.

I do wonder if PL had absolutely no intention of selling DB, and everything that has happened in the last few months has been done to light a fire under him?

DB looked pretty lively in the cup game at Norwich before doing his hamstring, perhaps he was being brought back into the team then?

An on-form Darren Bent can only be good for us, especially when we're sat one point off the drop-zone!

I agree with this, pretty sure he did the same with a player at Norwich? It's just a real shame he get injured at Norwich.

Yeah, the lowest goals per game in our entire history certainly does taste bloody lovely. Let's have it all season!

If you look at it like that...

Or you could simply observe the lack of goals in the rest of the side. I don't know the stats but I doubt there are many other sides who has so few goals from midfielders and defenders.

Â