Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

He did try them. We got smacked by Southampton 4-1.

He also tried them together against Norwich (in the cup) and Bent went off injured.

So to say he hasn't tried is a bit of an incorrect statement. A better statement would have been that has hasn't tried them very often.

Anyway Bent is "injured" atm so he's bound to be not partnered with Benteke.

I'd hope that Lambert hasn't made his decision on not playing them together from around 120 minutes. Also bent scored against Southampton. And should of had a second after being sent free by Benteke.

How is it logical? we are the worst team in the league.. we can't score or defend.

Yet we have one of the most consistent goal scorers in the premier league and we go ahead and sell him?

Why?

Because he can't go into a Paul Lambert team? Paul Lambert hasn't gained the trust or reputation to say i'd trust him to say "it's fine Lambert will get us out of this" due to the results.

Whatever problem he has with Bent he needs to sort it out asap.

Benteke is no replacement for Bent anyone who thinks this is seriously wrong in my opinion.

• Like 1

Ok, our most valuable asset

In that case - sell him.

If hes our most valuable asset yet isnt our best player, not even that, hes not even getting in the team then why not sell him? No one was moaning before the Chelsea game. We get stuffed a few times and suddenly Darren Bent is a world beater who runs his heart out, bleeding claret and Blue as he does it. If Darren Bent had of played in the last 3 games, I see absolutely no differences in the score/results.

Cash in, lets get a few players who can help the team out.

Ridiculous notion. He's a proven goal getter who should be playing every game

Hes not proven this season in this team. Your simply not looking at the bigger picture. Put Bent in the side and wins will flow? Is that what your suggesting?

In Darren Bents career the correlation between Bent playing and his team being succesful is pretty minimal.

Â