Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

Well Lambert has apparently said today that he doesn't want to sell anyone when asked about Bent.

Correct - He might not want to sell anyone but if he has the task of having to cut the wage bill sanctioned from the top then he has no choice.

He is not exactly going to come and and say "we''ll yeah I have to cut the wage bill and get rid of the deadwood so N'Zogbia, Warnock, Hutton, Bent etc. are all for sale and will be leaving".

A. It would cause a right shit in the sand situation if he did from press, fans and players alike and B. Teams would offer us peanuts for players they know WE want/need rid of to succeed in cutting the wage bill and building a new younger cash efficient team that will grow in value for money as time goes on.

Vlaar, Benteke, & Westwood, out of PL signings have atleast doubled in value already for what we paid for them.

I know the talk about Bent going has been around ages ages but, bloody hell:-

1. He is a top,top quality striker to have in our squad.

2. We can obviously afford his wages, otherwise we wouldn't have bought him in the first place

3. We can afford any oustanding fees otherwise we wouldn't have bought him in the first place.

The fact that we are talking about selling him is absolute madness.

Play to his strengths, and just bloody play him !!

I think it is a fact that people need to start getting to grips with and get over it.

There is a possibility he could perhaps play against Bradford (if he is still here by then) as this will not hinder the Lge Apps clause in his contract.

Also been said and I agree with that RL is not going to hand 7m to a team to give his ex-employee cash to spend to get his team out the crap for a player set to be leaving our club anyway.

For what I have seen of him this season he is not worth the 80k+ a week we are paying him and we are best cashing in on him to strengthen the team rather than wasting more money on him.

That's just the way it is I am afraid - Football is business.

Correct - He might not want to sell anyone but if he has the task of having to cut the wage bill sanctioned from the top then he has no choice.

He is not exactly going to come and and say "we''ll yeah I have to cut the wage bill and get rid of the deadwood so N'Zogbia, Warnock, Hutton, Bent etc. are all for sale and will be leaving".

A. It would cause a right shit in the sand situation if he did from press, fans and players alike and B. Teams would offer us peanuts for players they know WE want/need rid of to succeed in cutting the wage bill and building a new younger cash efficient team that will grow in value for money as time goes on.

Vlaar, Benteke, & Westwood, out of PL signings have atleast doubled in value already for what we paid for them.

I'm fully aware of why Lambert wouldn't come out and say "Yeah he's for sale"... but I still don't think we will sell him or loan him out. Cos I simply think no one will buy him apart from teams in a similar situation to us, and as Lambert said earlier, that would be daft.

We will see at the end of the window, I still think your info is incorrect and Bent will still be here come Feb.

Edited by PieFacE

I honestly don't think we'll get much more than we payed for them atm, but on the bright side i think they are all good value for money and that Benteke and Westwood might become more valuable over time

All this 7m to Sunderland if he plays again bullshit going around on twitter... how is that possible? We paid them 18 potentially rising to 24 with add ons didn't we? How could we possibly have an outstanding 7m to pay??

If he is fit I would play him tomorrow.

Will people please learn the difference between 'of' and 'have'.

It's 'could have', or 'should have'.

Same with 'your' and 'you're'.

When you get it wrong you look a **** idiot.

• Like 2

Will people please learn the difference between 'of' and 'have'.

It's 'could have', or 'should have'.

Same with 'your' and 'you're'.

When you get it wrong you look a **** idiot.

Who cares, it's an internet forum. :P

In Darren Bents career the correlation between Bent playing and his team being succesful is pretty minimal.

Last season we won 6 games in 22 with Bent. 1 in 16 without. Bent got 9 league goals last season. He got injured again Wigan - as a team we only scored 8 goals for the remainder of the season. He makes a difference.

The only teams I could see wanting Bent are maybe Newcastle, Fulham, QPR, Reading. We would be stupid to sell to any of them.

Why? One man don't make a team - perhaps one of the many reasons why Bent is on his way in the first place.

To be honest I don't really personally care what club he signed for as long as we get atleast 8-10m for him providing we go on to spend that money and more in other areas of the team.

His fee and wages could see us free up enough for 2 new players.

it's not just football manager where you can do what you want and sign who you want that easy. Football is also business and the logistics behind keeping Bent do not equal that of what we are now doing as a club as a whole.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

Why? One man don't make a team - perhaps one of the many reasons why Bent is on his way in the first place.

To be honest I don't really personally care what club he signed for as long as we get atleast 8-10m for him providing we go on to spend that money and more in other areas of the team.

His fee and wages could see us free up enough for 2 new players.

Why would it be stupid to sell one of the best goalscorers in the league to a relegation rival? Really?

Bent would have profited from decent wide players.

Unfortunately we sold them all so those who do a bit more work outside the box (Gabby, Weimann, Benteke) are a lot more valuable to us right now.

I think not being able to fit Darren Bent into a side that has only scored 17 in 21 is one of Paul Lamberts biggest failures at Villa.

But as he seem hell Bent (sorry) on not playing him Bent needs to be sold, but if possible not to one of our relegation collegues.

I don't buy that Bent doesn't fit into "Lamberts style of play" as we don't have any particular style of play, but i do agree that he is in some ways a luxury player who doesn't create chanses for himself

How many games as he actually been dropped from ,problem is the Ankle injury he had last season was his first serious injury and since then he has gotten further niggly injuries which have hindered him.

If we're not going to replace Bent then we shouldn't sell him.

Benteke will need resting soon and we'll need Bent to replace him.

Lambert should just bite the bullet and change the system slightly when the above happens.

If we're not going to replace Bent then we shouldn't sell him.

Benteke will need resting soon and we'll need Bent to replace him.

Lambert should just bite the bullet and change the system slightly when the above happens.

Agree. Benteke is young and will have dips in form so it's crucial we have options for when this happens. We don't want to be in the same position as last season when Bent got injured and we had limited options up front. Both Gabby and Weimann are decent options but I wouldn't want to rely on just those 2 if Benteke was out for any period.

Bowery may also be an option but it's just too risky to go sell Bent without an adequate replacement coming in.

playing today apparently

hopefully will bag 2 goals

not that i want him sold, he is our biggest asset and clearly the clubs most high profile player and one of the leagues best scorers, but i would guess newcastle coming in with a £12.5 million offer wouldnt be a shock

Â